Problem updating MFC

What am I doing wrong here? I have USB adapter mode "ON", SysEX to "NONE", MFC is in update mode, MIDI out from Axe to MIDI IN on MFC and running Mac 10.7.5 with the updated USB driver.

Fractal Bot is insisting the the port to use is "AXE-FX MIDI In" Shouldn't it be the MIDI OUT/THRU? When I send the file, no update in % is shown on the MFC.

Have done several reboots and verifications of the computer, MFC, and Axe…. what am I doing wrong?

Make sure you have the latest fractalbot installed (believe it's 2.02)

AxeFX MIDI OUT/THRU -> MFC MIDI IN

Also in FractalBot make sure to select MFC-101 MK3 or MFC-101 ORIG/MKII

If update % starts to show (ie. 0%, try increasing the buffer to say 300ms)

Cheers,
Jason

Last edited:
I've never been able to update through the AxeFXII. I use an external MIDI to USB adapter (the cheap and absolutely brilliant m-Audio MIDISport 2x2). You can score one on e-Bay for $20-30 used. Indispensable tool.

I think I have 4 options, among which 3 MIDI interfaces and I still need to use my old MIDISport 4x4 too.

I'm struggling too. I'm using an M-Audio Midisport Uno 1x1 and getting error 17 the instant I hit the send button. Error code eventually changes to 16 or 14 after the failed update is long over. I can't even restore the factory settings - cycling up with switch 11 nets an error 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm struggling too. I'm using an M-Audio Midisport Uno 1x1 and getting error 17 the instant I hit the send button. Error code eventually changes to 16 or 14 after the failed update is long over. I can't even restore the factory settings - cycling up with switch 11 nets an error 14.

Here are some things you can try:
-Make sure sending correct file for Orig/MKII or MKIII and select your model in Fractal-Bot
-Latest Fractal-Bot and driver installed
-Change the buffer delay in Fractal-Bot
-Power cycle MFC between attempts... out of paranoia also close and restart Fractal-Bot
-Try different USB port (direct to computer, no hubs)
-Reboot the computer
-Try another MIDI cable
-Keep midi cable as far away from other cables as possible (ex. power cords)
-Try with Midi-Ox / Snoize

Good luck!

I was experiencing the same thing while trying to update my MFC-101 yesterday. However, I re-installed the Windows driver and it worked.

I always updated with Axe as interface , zero problems until the last update , I had to redo it few times until I found a different speed was the key ... 120 if I recall well

Thanks! Closing and restarting Fractal-Bot did the trick. After power cycling the MFC I was prompted to restore and hit SW # 14 which I did. Now I get no sound from the rig so I am assuming I will have to run through another MFC setup for my expression pedals (e.g., vol, delay-mix, wah, EXT4MFC, etc. ) so time to dust off Kris' MFC setup video! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you did the Dump for the MFC system you'll be able to restore that ...
If not , Kris videos are really good if you're getting troubles ...

No I didn't do a dump. I am sure its something simple and I should be up and running in no time. I just ran out of time and had to get to work, thankful that I was able to update to 3.05 just in time to catch the bus to NYC. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom