PROBLEM - My AXE reprograming itself?!?!

Hey everyone...

- I'm on Firmware 13.02.
- weeks ago, I set up my MFC to have a dual external switch to control MIDI CC #35/#36 (volume increase decrease).

On friday night I was setting levels for my patches and noticed that the MAIN volume sliders (in the layout/out tab) for a bunch of patches when all over the place. So I reset them to 0.00db. I was thinking nothing of this. While I was going back and forth between patches I noticed that, that same MAIN slider, was moving around without the pedal being plugged in or touched!! But still for some reason I didn't think it was a big deal. heh.

Well, saturday (yesterday) was the gig and I was setting all my presets to the same volume. I had double checked the main slider and I think I still noticed some changes but STILL did not freak about it. It wasn't until DURING the gig... my axe was acting up BIG time. I would switch to a patch and very little volume on some patches LOTS of volume on others... other patches it sounds like the EQ was messed with, others sounded like the cabinets were bypassed (by weren't)... it was erratic! luckily, i guess, my ONE main patch was sounding "ok" and I survived the show.

Is there something up with CC# 35/36? or the MAIN OUTPUT SLIDER?

I was using Axe Edit during the preset volume setting stage... did Axe Edit ruin corrupt presets?? I don't think so because the mayhem started during the gig when it wasn't using Axe Edit.

At first I thought maybe it was because I forgot to reset the I/O settings from updating the MFC... that wasn't the case.

this kinda bums me out because I REALLY loved the idea of being able to bump the volume on the fly! It was like Christmas morning when I got it to work.

any ideas before I reset my axe back to a recent time before it started to act up????

thanks!

Hey everyone...

- I'm on Firmware 13.02.
- weeks ago, I set up my MFC to have a dual external switch to control MIDI CC #35/#36 (volume increase decrease).

On friday night I was setting levels for my patches and noticed that the MAIN volume sliders (in the layout/out tab) for a bunch of patches when all over the place. So I reset them to 0.00db. I was thinking nothing of this. While I was going back and forth between patches I noticed that, that same MAIN slider, was moving around without the pedal being plugged in or touched!! But still for some reason I didn't think it was a big deal. heh.

Well, saturday (yesterday) was the gig and I was setting all my presets to the same volume. I had double checked the main slider and I think I still noticed some changes but STILL did not freak about it. It wasn't until DURING the gig... my axe was acting up BIG time. I would switch to a patch and very little volume on some patches LOTS of volume on others... other patches it sounds like the EQ was messed with, others sounded like the cabinets were bypassed (by weren't)... it was erratic! luckily, i guess, my ONE main patch was sounding "ok" and I survived the show.

Is there something up with CC# 35/36? or the MAIN OUTPUT SLIDER?

I was using Axe Edit during the preset volume setting stage... did Axe Edit ruin corrupt presets?? I don't think so because the mayhem started during the gig when it wasn't using Axe Edit.

At first I thought maybe it was because I forgot to reset the I/O settings from updating the MFC... that wasn't the case.

this kinda bums me out because I REALLY loved the idea of being able to bump the volume on the fly! It was like Christmas morning when I got it to work.

any ideas before I reset my axe back to a recent time before it started to act up????

thanks!

CC#35 and #36 are the default Volume Inc/Dec for Midi Control..

Possibly the unpatched external footswitch has an indeterminate state and the values are floating around on you. I don't have an MFC, but possibly a shorting plug would solve your issue? I think it's a question for Fractal. (slow on the draw with my reply. I'd try what he ^ said, LOL!).

I'd recommend you use a midi monitor (you can use MIDI OX) and set the Axe to USB Adapter mode temporarily. This way, you can catch all the midi messages the MFC transmits and check if they are correct.

How did the main slider move around? I'm sorry, but I can not imagine this being a bug (otherwise others would have reported it aswell), so it must be a user error.

Back
Top Bottom