Problem hotone soul press pedal

Lftbassist

Hello,

Has anyone experienced a problem using "Hotone" Pedals as a volume pedal within the FM III?

Both the older "Hotone Soul Press" and the "hotone soul press II" pedals with the FM III do not fonction properly for me.

When I use either of them as a VOLUME pedal - as a "modifier" on the "Level" of the "OUTPUT" block for example, there is not an even gain as I increase the pedal.

I have tried:
  • re-calibrating
  • verified the setting 'volume' on the hotone pedals
  • Using as a modifier with "Pedal EXP/SW TIP"
  • Using as a modifier with "Pedal SW RING"
  • trying different curve settings in the modifier itself
*I cannot get an even and usable increase in the gain...

Yet, both fonction just fine as "Expression" Pedals with the FM III
(If I plug the hotone pedals as an external volume pedal as a link on the output 2 to my amp it works just fine)

Thank you for any insight or help!
Chris

Thanks very much for your reply, but yes, its the same.
No volume at all until the very last 10% of the pedal...

AxeFx requires a TRS cable - not an instrument cable - from an expression port - not a volume port - to work. Sounds like it isn’t connected properly or it isn’t an expression pedal.

Expression specifically means it controls parameters, which is different from an analog volume pedal.

AxeFx requires a TRS cable - not an instrument cable - from an expression port - not a volume port - to work. Sounds like it isn’t connected properly or it isn’t an expression pedal.

Expression specifically means it controls parameters, which is different from an analog volume pedal.
Yes, I am using a TRS cable and the pedal is set up correctly to fonction as an expression pedal (not in volume pedal mode)

Both of these hotone pedals can be set up as expression pedal, wah wah or volume pedal.

I both Hotone pedals are working just like this as the expression pedal with the FM III and it works fine. Yet, when I try get it to control the "volume" parameter, as a modifier in the Output block or Volume bock as you suggested both Hotone pedals react this way.

Thanks for your help and suggestions

Yes, I am using a TRS cable and the pedal is set up correctly to fonction as an expression pedal (not in volume pedal mode)

Both of these hotone pedals can be set up as expression pedal, wah wah or volume pedal.

I both Hotone pedals are working just like this as the expression pedal with the FM III and it works fine. Yet, when I try get it to control the "volume" parameter, as a modifier in the Output block or Volume bock as you suggested both Hotone pedals react this way.

Thanks for your help and suggestions
When you say “works fine as an expression pedal” what does that mean specifically?

Meaning, I use this same Hotone pedal to control expression in the "modifiers" for many other 'blocks' (Delay, reverb, octave etc) and the 'gain curve/sweep' that the pedal makes is smooth and gradual from 0-100 or otherwise if I adjust the modifier parameters (following the curve setup in the 'modifier' window which we see on the grid display in the 'modifier')

However, when I connect it exactly the same way as a 'modifier' for the 'level' of either VolPan block or Output block there is 0dB until the pedal gets to the last 3rd or its sweep (seen as the last box upper right on the grid in the modifier parameter.

The 'yellow dot' on the grid follows the curve but nothing until the last 3rd (even if I adjust all parameters in the modifier)

Hope the explanations makes sense, thanks for your patience.
Chris

The only thing I can think of is something else is controlling volume at the same time.

If it’s smooth with a delay parameter, then it should be the same when the only thing that changes is the modifier assignment to a volume parameter.

Ok, that makes me think... I will test it on one of the presets already loaded in the FM III that I have never touched...

Problem solved! With the VolPan & OutPut blocks I didn't understand that the 'Parameter Range' in the 'modifiers' window starts at -80 thus explaining why there is no sound on the sweep until it gets to 0dB... Can't believe I couldn't figure that out. THANK YOU!

Yeah, a volume block and the volume parameter specifically is the better option. Sounds like you used the Level in the volume block and not Volume earlier.

Back
Top Bottom