Problem at gig...no output until reboot.

So I played my 3 church services over the weekend.

On Saturday, the first 2 songs went well. Then I switched to my piezo patch, and played the 3th song. Still, everything was fine. Then I switched to the patch I used for the first 2 songs and no sound. I hit the tuner button on the mfc to make sure the guitar was sending signal, which it was. Then I turned around to look at the AxeII and saw that the input lights were lighting up. They were as well.

I just assumed something happened at the board.

After that set I went to the guys at the board to ask them what happened. They said they didn't change anything. Ok...so I still didn't quite believe them.

All through sound check everything was fine. So to me I guessed it was someone doing something at the board that they weren't supposed to do.

Sunday, sound check was fine. I played the 9:15 service and everything worked.

Then at the 11:15, I had the same exact problem. 4th song and nothing. I turned off the AxeII (loud pop) and then turned it back on (loud pop) and I had sound again.

I'm not sure what happened. I will upload the patch, but it really is just the tube pre and some reverb. I want to make sure it doesn't happen again so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

Hi there,
I cant speak for your exact problem but have found and post a patch that consistanly locked up my Axe FX II on Firmware 5.01
( when switching to the patch, the unit freezes and all the LED lights on the front of the unit come on and only a reboot will make it work again and as long as I dont load that 1 patch, everything works as it should ! ).
The patch I submitted has been confirmed as causing a bug and from various posts the team have said they are hard at work on 5.04 so fingers crossed will solve some of the freezing issues.

Thanks, I'm meeting with the music director tonight to go over the AxeII. I will post the patch. Maybe it will help with the troubleshooting. It's not an every time thing, but twice in two days at the "gig" was enough. On top of that, I was fighting with the amp zealots all day as well. Good times.

Is there a volume block in any of the presets? On a side note... You have to check out the acoustic IR's that are floating around the forum. Do a search for HD 28 (I think) and Martin 314 (I think). It'll blow your mind. You think your piezos sound good now, just wait! I have three guitars with piezos and my acoustic sound is better than ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ive had the exact same issue. FW 5.02, stock presets being used, randomly get no output, reboot, output resumes.

Make sure you're not just getting a bypassed block. There is a known bug being worked on which sometimes bypasses either the unit, amp or cab block (It might affect other blocks but I don't know).

In the meantime, go to the IO tab and disable the bypass controllers for amps and cabs and the global bypass.

Hmmm, had no idea there was a bug. Ok will follow the recommendation.
thanks Patzag

Back
Top Bottom