Probably asked before but...

SixBlocks

Hi there. New to the forum. If someone has asked this already can you just send the link and I can read there. Here's the situation.

Playing live, I still love playing my Mesa Mark V, especially for heavier stuff (hardcore, punk etc). Through a 2x12 and/or 4x12

Recording, I like the simplicity (and volume) of amp sims and as I'm still fairly new at recording I'm not great or comfortable micing cabs yet not have the proper room to re-amp or actually mic a cab.

Would an ax8 suit me? Use the amp sims and cab sims for recording but use the effects (compressor, delay etc) only like a pedalboard and get rid of my current pedalboard and bypass the amp sims and still use my mark v live?

For the 3rd curveball. My job is an elementary school teacher. When we do music at assemblies and for church the mark v is just too loud. Could I just run the ax8 into the PA?

Short version: could I have a bank of amp sims for recording (and be able to reamp) and have a bank of just effects for live?

Sorry for the long response. If this is explained somewhere could you send it my way?

Yes you could do everything you asked... Note that you will need some sort of audio interface for recording as the AX-8 does not do audio over USB like the Axe FX.

I think you'll be happy with it.

You should also try running the amp sims through the mkV fx loop into the cab... You might find you want to ditch the head and get a power amp, use the ax8 in every situation.

By using your existing rig in a A/B with the AX8 and possibly shooting IR's of your existing guitar cab, you are in good stead to dial in the AX8 to sound like your current rig.

It's a real advantage to compare the AX8 preset to an existing rig when you are new to the Fractal.

I'm guessing that you will not regret it. The AX8 yields some amazing guitar tones. The rabbit hole goes way deep.

Back
Top Bottom