pro tools help

Justin

Just got my axefx II and ran into a problem. Ive searched everywhere I know to look for the answer. Ive managed to get audio to play from protools 9 through the axefx. But when I go to arm a track to record guitar through the axefx I get a pop up saying it cant be armed becuse it doesnt have both an active input and output assigned. I guess I need a protools i/o lesson. I had the eleven rack working. I have the playback engine set to axefx output. What am i missing for the right input?

Justin

I dunno of I'm right but I think you have to select a Mic input and its inputs 1-4? That can be selected. Then try arming the track.

I'm pretty sure if youre hearing the axe without having a track armed to record, it's going through a different route.

It dosent act like any of the listed inputs are available. If you choose one it shows it darkened on the track input tab.

i can set the playback engine to axefx output and get the audio to play or set it to axefx input and get it to record guiar. But not both at the same time. So I cant record with a track.

What am I doing wrong? I can do one or the other. I can choose axefx output as my playback engine or axefx input as my playback engine. But not both.

If I set the playback engine to axefx output I can hear both playback of a backing track thats been placed as a track in PT and I can hear my guitar playing through the monitors. However, it doesnt hear my playing in PT. Its not registering on the meter. Armed or not. So if I press record it doesnt catch anything.

Back
Top Bottom