Pro Tools 9 Question

Jerry K.

Experienced
Can anyone confirm that the Digi 003 can be connected at the same time as the Axe USB in Pro Tools. I launched PT 9 and set up a new track I don't see the Axe listed as an input option. How do I select the Axe II in PT 9.

Thanks

I am having some trouble trying to get the Axe II and PT to play nice. I disconnected my 003 so only the Axe II is connected when I launch Pro Tools. PT shows under "hardware"-"setup" that the Axe is my interface but when I create two audio tracks I don't see any type of USB options or Axe specific verbiage as the inputs. I selected the default analog input 1-2 and 3-4 (stereo channels) and did get wet signal on 3-4. How do I select the dry track from the Axe. Do I need to enable something on the Axe?

Also, I normally have my Digi 003 connected to my control room speakers for monitoring. I was able to select the USB input on the Axe and got playback from PT but is there a way for both the 003 and the Axe to be connected and if not...can I route a complete PT session through the Axe II and be able to reamp the dry signal as well as monitor the stereo output unprocessed by the Axe.

Sorry if this is confusing. Any help is appreciated!

Hi.

No, sorry, that won't work AFAIK as Protools only can use one sound card.

You best option is hooking up the AxeFX with the S/PDIF in/out to your Digi003 S/PDIF in/out.

For some reason I am only getting one stereo input in Pro Tools and it is the Dry unprocessed track. I create two stereo channels in PT and PT allows me to select inputs 1-2 and 3-4, those are my only options with the Axe as the interface, so far everything seems good. I record enable both tracks and input 3-4 is the only one containing signal (Dry). I have the USB setting on the Axe to output 1.

Any thoughts?

It seems to be working now with output two set to stereo but the wet signal was not there before I enabled the output two copy l-r. At least it is working.

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom