Pristine Clean - question -

Mauricio Clark

Hi, don't mean to make a bait with the title. I am obviously doing something wrong, I cannot get an asbolute pristine, clean sound with my AX8. All "clean" sounds have some ammount of "drive" (distortion), is there a way to make a simple clean amp set up? I used to have a transistor Randall RH100 G2, and I loved its loud, simple, clean channel.
Also, is anyone connecting the AX8 through digital? In that case how do you manage volume? Do you have to turn up the output on each patch? there is a big difference when connecting it through TRS.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

The stock EJ Clean is too distorted for you? Check the settings on this preset (drive, trim, MV, etc.) for a good starting point.

JC-120
USA Clean

Both are very clean.

Your pickups might be hot. You can try lowering Input Trim.

Not sure if the AX-8 has the Global Amp Gain setting, but on the Axe Fx II that works well for taming hot pickups.

On any of the clean amps mentioned turn main amp volume up to 10, turn gain down to 1.0, turn input trim way down, turn saturation drive way down and adjust volume with Mixer Level far right. Also in power amp section if you using amp simulation on try adjusting Negative Feedback to higher levels. In Amp block Dynamics try adjusting Dynamic presents to higher setting as well as playing with the Pick Attack settings. If your using a high output pickup in the guitar your using you may want to add something to the beginning of the chain to lower your input such as a volume or filter block.

On any of the clean amps mentioned turn main amp volume up to 10, turn gain down to 1.0, turn input trim way down, turn saturation drive way down and adjust volume with Mixer Level far right. Also in power amp section if you using amp simulation on try adjusting Negative Feedback to higher levels. In Amp block Dynamics try adjusting Dynamic presents to higher setting as well as playing with the Pick Attack settings. If your using a high output pickup in the guitar your using you may want to add something to the beginning of the chain to lower your input such as a volume or filter block.
Just a note the Saturation Drive is only relevant with the Saturation Switch set to ON, which should be Off by default on all amp models (I think). If you have it engaged while seeking a clean tone, you don't understand its purpose ;)

@Tom Morris - comment is not directed at you

Back
Top Bottom