'Previous Layout' Switch?

Manny Kuhn

Inspired
Having goldfish-like memory and being lazy I'd love to be able to assign a switch to simply take me back to the previous layout I was using. Currently I can get there by either assigning a dedicated switch (or hold) to the various layouts or doing the MLM->Layout combo but a single switch assignment would be easier for my use.

"Previous", also known in the industry as "Backtrack" is a concept we explored in theory but never implemented. We felt the need to balance against feature overload. Backtrack can also apply to various types of switchable elements other than layouts too. "Previous Scene" is probably the most-often-requested of these.

"Previous", also known in the industry as "Backtrack" is a concept we explored in theory but never implemented. We felt the need to balance against feature overload. Backtrack can also apply to various types of switchable elements other than layouts too. "Previous Scene" is probably the most-often-requested of these.

I was a huge proponent of this. Engage switch for solo, end of solo - push the same switch - no need to remember where you come from.
I wanted this for Presets, but now that Im using scenes all the time, backtrack to previous scene would be definitely the way to go. I'd vote for that!

I was a huge proponent of this. Engage switch for solo, end of solo - push the same switch - no need to remember where you come from.
I wanted this for Presets, but now that Im using scenes all the time, backtrack to previous scene would be definitely the way to go. I'd vote for that!
+1

I would love that if I press a button it changes my stuff, and if I press it again it changes it back, whether that's a preset or a scent ect.

Wouldn’t scene toggle mode do the same thing
Rythm is on Scene 1 you hit the toggle to go to Scene 2 lead hit toggle again and it should revert to scene 1 rythm am I correct in assuming this M

Wouldn’t scene toggle mode do the same thing
Rythm is on Scene 1 you hit the toggle to go to Scene 2 lead hit toggle again and it should revert to scene 1 rythm am I correct in assuming this M
yes, that's how Toggle functions when you set it up between 2 specific Scenes you choose.

many people want a "whatever i hit last" function for various reasons.

Just to clarify - after Chris's mention of this in his earlier post about remembering stuff. It's not that I don't want to remember where I came from after I hit to Solo Switch - it's that I don't want to look down again.

I love the idea of stomp on the solo scene and stomp again to come out of it, and not have to look for another switch. It's easier, faster, more certain on stage and looks better. And when the solo is 2 bars, or even a single note, it's way easier!

Just to clarify - after Chris's mention of this in his earlier post about remembering stuff. It's not that I don't want to remember where I came from after I hit to Solo Switch - it's that I don't want to look down again.

I love the idea of stomp on the solo scene and stomp again to come out of it, and not have to look for another switch. It's easier, faster, more certain on stage and looks better. And when the solo is 2 bars, or even a single note, it's way easier!
absolutely. i try to set my controller up to leave my foot in the same place and accomplish various things.

it's why on the AX8, i changed my usually S1 Clean, S2 Chorus Clean, S3 Clean Lead arrangement to S1 Chorus Clean, S2 Clean Lead. i go back and forth between those 2 all gig long, and since you can only Toggle Scene 1 and 2 on the AX8, i moved things around. way easier. i leave my foot one place and tap the same switch all night long.

i agree that a "previous whatever" function would be great for reasons like this.

Back
Top Bottom