Pretty cool video on audio myths

What Ethan said at 11:57 made me laugh out loud, I'm sure ALL of us have done that at least once :D

+1

I've been interested in the topic for some time but had not seen this video.

That's great, thanks for sharing. I love the story the guy tells in the first few minutes about the tube vs transistor "switch" he designed to test amplifier preference. I wonder if Cliff throws those sorts of "switches" into the firmware sometimes just to mess with us :).

Cables make a difference. I don't understand why, but if I connect my Axe-Fx with my Engl power amp with a 20cm Monster Cable (Performer), the sound has much more high frequencies and it's MUCH louder compared to my other 20cm patch cable, which has 2 neutric plugs and a good quality cable (it's actually handmade, but done very well).

I don't know what causes these differences, but they are there!

Cables make a difference. I don't understand why, but if I connect my Axe-Fx with my Engl power amp with a 20cm Monster Cable (Performer), the sound has much more high frequencies and it's MUCH louder compared to my other 20cm patch cable, which has 2 neutric plugs and a good quality cable (it's actually handmade, but done very well).

I don't know what causes these differences, but they are there!

Capacitance

Back
Top Bottom