Presonus Eureka

DrNick

Inspired
A friend of mine has a Presonus Eureka preamp that he's quite fond of. We're doing some recording at my place and would rather not have to move it back and forth. So, I'm wondering if its character can be reproduced to good effect in the AxeFx. Does anyone have experience with this preamp (or even experience trying to replicate it in the AxeFx) and have suggestions about how to proceed?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The Bipolar Preamp model (IIRC, not at workstation) is modeled after the Eureka.

The Bipolar Preamp model (IIRC, not at workstation) is modeled after the Eureka.

Thanks for the tip! I haven't yet dug into the preamps in the CAB block (for most day-to-day playing I run through a physical cabinet), so it looks like I finally have motivation to do so.

If I wanted to run this thing in front of the AMP purely as a preamp, should I just plop that null cab that's been floating around for a while ("bakerman null" or some such thing)?

Many thanks!

interesting. previously we were purposefully not told what real preamps the models were based on. quickly, to the wiki with this tidbit ;)

i think my Eureka died :(

interesting. previously we were purposefully not told what real preamps the models were based on. quickly, to the wiki with this tidbit ;)

i think my Eureka died :(

I'm not 100% on that. I don't have my notes here so I don't remember which model is the Eureka model.

Any thoughts on running the preamp in front of an AMP block (using a null cab)? Is anyone doing this to good effect?

Back
Top Bottom