Presonus Eris E8 vs Adam A7X

JasonW

Aloha guys! New AX8 owner here. I know there have been a ton of posts about studio monitors, but I haven't seen anything from 2017 and trust your opinions.

I'm strictly a home player and would like a set of monitors that match the sound quality of the AX8, from reading all the past posts these two names come up the most, could you please share your thoughts on which would be the best choice.

Best,

Adams user here, no complaints. I find patches I dial in at home with the Adams translate really well to a live situation.

Aloha!

I have the Presonus Eris 8's and really like them.
What island are you located on?

Both of these are very good , but I LOVE how my FAS gear soounds thru a pair of Equator D8s ...Mahalo!

I tried the A7x and returned them. I stopped trying new monitors when I got my Equator D5's. Really liked them a lot from day one.

edit: IIRC, I read on here (a long time ago) that some of the Fractal staff use Presonus monitors....FWIW

I have the Presonus Eris 8's and like them a lot. I have no real experience with the Adams though so I can't really offer a comparison but the Eris speakers have been great in my situation.

Adams user here, no complaints. I find patches I dial in at home with the Adams translate really well to a live situation.

Checked out your band and downloaded your album! Good stuff! Your solos are badass.. impressive.

I have the Presonus Eris 8's and like them a lot. I have no real experience with the Adams though so I can't really offer a comparison but the Eris speakers have been great in my situation.

Sounds like I can't really go wrong ether way! Appreciate your thoughts.

I tested the Adams and the Eris, and actually ended up with a pair of the Presonus R65s. The Eris are not really in the same league as the Adams or the R65s. Check them out! Really nice set of monitors...you can get away without a sub too, and they translate well. Plenty of tone shaping options on the back, as with the Eris.

Back
Top Bottom