Presets from the Forum & AXE-Change

jedicvd

Hi

I recently purchased the AXE-FX Ultra and I am new to the forum:

To begin my journey in understanding this incredible piece of technology , I decided to try out different presets from the Forum ( Yek’s , Mark Day’s , Whitesnake etc ) and AXE-Change.

I use my Ultra in 2 sets ups

1) For practice at my desk . I am using the Ultra through my PC speakers
Axe-Fx Ultra -> mixer -> computer speakers

2) In my studio & Gigs , I am using the Ultra as a second Pre-amp with the amp stage of ENGL Head
Axe-Fx Ultra -> ENGL Power AMP ->ENGL CAB

I ran into a few issues with some of the presets that I loaded and I was wondering if anyone has a work around .

1) AXE-Change – Check sum errors . I read some threads regarding files being corrupt after the migrations . Are there any fixes or new files ?
2) I managed to load many presets from the forum but with a number of them I don’t seem to get any audio output . I can see the input/output lights flashing but no audio. I understand the person who created may have different configurations but how do you go about making these work . – Pardon my ignorance.

I am looking for great 80’s high gain presets as well some Gilmore Clean tone ( chorus/delay ). If anyone can recommend some from the forum please let me know . It will be much appreciated.

Thanks

On some of my presets I have a Vol/Pan or Mixer block setup for my volume pedal. Remove that block and replace with a shunt :)

Mark

Mark

Thanks for your quick response. I will give it a try . Your guitar playing and the tone you get out of ultra is just awsome. Is there a central place you post your presets? I am looking great clean tone as well.

Chris

alot of the patches on axechange use custom ir's in one of the ten user slots... you can change the cab block back to one of the axe's irs if you dont hear sound..... its easy to bypass blocks one at a time till you find the problem.......... Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom