Wish Presets for General Output EQ´s

Hamsworld

Inspired
It would be great if we could have Presets for the General-Output EQ, at least at Output 1. I use several Headphones with headphone-correction-curves and a FRFR-Amp, so it would be much easier to switch between different settings. To change the EQ in every preset is so laborious. And I like to hear music through the axe and the computer, and the headphone-correction should work also for that. Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
And maybe a global EQ with variable Q for theadphone curves? But I have to point out: I‘m a happy customer anyway!

This is a longstanding wish.
Yes, my friend, but I will not give up hope until I have to shuffle off this mortal coil. If there´s no hope, what reason do we have to stand up and face the madness of this cruel, cruel world? What can we give our children on their way but hope? So don´t give up the good fight, some day we will all be united in using presets for headphone-correction-curve-EQ´s with variable Q for all outputs of this mighty piece of gear. And maybe we´ll meet then and drink a cup of good old sweet wine and we laugh about this dark, hopeless days.
Beside of that: Did I point out that I´m a pretty happy customer?

Would make sense to move the output EQ into the 4 output blocks so you have the 4 channels too EQ. Then again you would have to go thru all the scenes to set it. Unless there was a set same channel for all scenes button?

Would make sense to move the output EQ into the 4 output blocks so you have the 4 channels too EQ. Then again you would have to go thru all the scenes to set it. Unless there was a set same channel for all scenes button?
That would make them per-preset and not global.

If you want that you can just add an EQ block to your preset ;)

A combination of Output block with an EQ page and global blocks might work. But only on the Axe-Fx 3 as the FM units don’t have global blocks.

I would still prefer named global settings presets so you can have one for your studio monitors, headphones, poweramp and guitar cab, live FRFR cab, FOH etc.

I can understand why this seems like it might be a good idea, but to me, it seems like a recipe for constant tweaking, forgetting that you're on a particular EQ, retweaking, etc.

Maybe just having a separate EQ for the headphones output, Output 1, and Output 2 would be ideal. Like, if you use the same headphones every time and use the same monitoring solution through output 2 every time, it would make sense to have something external from the preset that you can get the best sound from both setups so you can sync them and be sure that when you make a tweak in the preset and it sounds good in the headphones, it'll also sound good in the PA/monitor.

I don't think I'd want it to be a global setting though, meaning you turn it on and it's applied to headphones AND both outputs.

My 2c :)

I can understand why this seems like it might be a good idea, but to me, it seems like a recipe for constant tweaking, forgetting that you're on a particular EQ, retweaking, etc.

Maybe just having a separate EQ for the headphones output, Output 1, and Output 2 would be ideal. Like, if you use the same headphones every time and use the same monitoring solution through output 2 every time, it would make sense to have something external from the preset that you can get the best sound from both setups so you can sync them and be sure that when you make a tweak in the preset and it sounds good in the headphones, it'll also sound good in the PA/monitor.

I don't think I'd want it to be a global setting though, meaning you turn it on and it's applied to headphones AND both outputs.

My 2c :)
Headphones output is hardwired to Out 1 so having a separate option there is not feasible. I now use the graphic and parametric EQs as headphones vs studio monitors EQ options but it's less than ideal.

The idea is that it would be per-output global presets. Instead of picking parametric/graphic EQ, you pick a preset for Output 1 and can use either parametric or graphic EQ there with each preset possibly being even named so it's easy to check if you are using the right output EQ.

Back
Top Bottom