Presets and user cabs association / moving user IRs?

Hi guys,

I've some new impulses I love, but I'm running out of room in my AXE XL. If I'll delete unused ones, and move used to other locations (to make some clean order), will my preset lost connection to associated user IRs?

Thanks, have a good day!

Well, I've decided to get some risk and try. Yes, those will lost connection. Presets are associated with a particular number of user cab slot, so if content of - let's say - slot U0501 is changed, the overall preset sound is changed of course :)

Well, I've decided to get some risk and try. Yes, those will lost connection. Presets are associated with a particular number of user cab slot, so if content of - let's say - slot U0501 is changed, the overall preset sound is changed of course :)
Unfortunately, that's the case with the Axe II. I wonder if that was addressed in the III.

This could be sorted maybe by adding individual marker to every IR when uploading to AXE. So AXE would look for this individual marker instead of user cab slot, and IRs would be associated with presets no matter where any those are in memory. I hope this could be implemented in AXE II too. Please? :)

This happens Only when u move the user cab IR from its original slot not when u move a preset to a new bank, right?

I think Fractool software can list which presets use which IR (and save it to a text file) so you can avoid deleting IRs that are used, and can use this list to update presets where you’ve moved the IR location.

If I have a new pack of IR's (like Ownhammer), I put all of them into AXE, look for those I like, and delete unused later on. That is why I get some mess sometime. Is there any way to listen impulses without loading them to AXE? And without buying full Cab-Lab version?

Also Fractool will allow you to audition and folder of IRs into the scratchpad slot and highlight which ones you like.

Back
Top Bottom