Preset Question/Help

msmith886

Inspired
I thought I was finally figuring out this thing but for some reason I still am having issues with volumes. Some presets are a lot louder than the others still. I have adjusted VU meters etc. I finally am learning the difference cabs can make and doing a few tweaks every now and then but then the volume just doesn't hit like some of the presets do.

I have been running it stereo recently but had issues with it being louder in one side also for some reason this past weekend. I can't quite figure out what is going on. I did not have this issue before the update and I need my volume level's to finally be consistent.

Also tried using the axefxsend and no longer works right with the new update for some reason for me.

Can someone please help me out.

Can you post up the two main presets you are having the most problems with so we can look to see whats going on?

I thought I was finally figuring out this thing but for some reason I still am having issues with volumes. Some presets are a lot louder than the others still. I have adjusted VU meters etc. I finally am learning the difference cabs can make and doing a few tweaks every now and then but then the volume just doesn't hit like some of the presets do.

I have been running it stereo recently but had issues with it being louder in one side also for some reason this past weekend. I can't quite figure out what is going on. I did not have this issue before the update and I need my volume level's to finally be consistent.

Also tried using the axefxsend and no longer works right with the new update for some reason for me.

Can someone please help me out.
AxeFxSend problem : Probably because you're not on the latest firmware

Will post a preset or two later on this evening that I am having issues with. I just want the level's to be consistent for all the presets that I am using and not insanely loud on one and barely anything on the other.

What is FracTool ? Is it the same as axefxsend ?

Will post a preset or two later on this evening that I am having issues with. I just want the level's to be consistent for all the presets that I am using and not insanely loud on one and barely anything on the other.

What is FracTool ? Is it the same as axefxsend ?
Yes : "formerly known as"

Know they aren't the best pics but here are some shots of some amp and drive settings. I am still just sorta puzzled on how I can get everything be a consistent volume.

Definitely could use some help with it.

Attachments

• IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4447.jpg
    IMG_4447.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4448.jpg
    IMG_4448.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 17
Thanks I will check that out. I am hoping to meet up with someone and really get this everything dialed in and a run through on my questions.

when you use the VU meter as I show in this video, does the level appear near the 0 line when you play? note that this is the Axe-Fx, but the concept is the same. VU meter on the AX8 is now on the main menu of tabs/pages, last page.

Thanks I will check that out. I am hoping to meet up with someone and really get this everything dialed in and a run through on my questions.

Last edited:
Yeah some of them do and some are a lot under and some are a lot over. I have tried adjusting on a few to get them level just strange still and especially to have out one side of the pa than the other.

Yeah some of them do and some are a lot under and some are a lot over. I have tried adjusting on a few to get them level just strange still and especially to have out one side of the pa than the other.
have you tried turning up those that are a lot under, and turning down those that are a lot over?

Yeah I have. I can't figure out how what is going on honestly. I am going to sit down some this weekend and here soon and work more on it. It's hard to get the levels right also because I can't do my band's PA in my house exactly so trying to think about ways to get it sounding right at home and at the show.

Try sticking to just a couple of parameters to adjust levels in presets: the Amp Block Level as the overall preset level, and the Drive Block Level if kicking in a drive adds too much.

Another thought. Grabbing presets from all different sources and converting them with the 3rd party FracTool will always require making per-preset level adjustments. That's because we all have different guitars, different monitors, and different opinions.

If you post some presets that were louder on one side than the other, we can troubleshoot that.

A note on running the Reverb block in series: if you are kicking the reverb in at different times while using the preset, you may notice level changes. Turning the mix knob up on the Reverb simultaneously turns up reverb wet level and turns down your dry level. You can increase the Reverb Block Level to compensate, or run the Reverb in parallel instead.

Yeah I have. I can't figure out how what is going on honestly. I am going to sit down some this weekend and here soon and work more on it. It's hard to get the levels right also because I can't do my band's PA in my house exactly so trying to think about ways to get it sounding right at home and at the show.
so you're saying that if you have a preset that is too loud, and then you adjust the Level so the VU meter shows you playing at 0 on the VU meter like i showed in the video, that preset is still too loud?

i feel like a step is being missed here. i really need you to upload 2 to 4 presets you use to confirm a few things. connect to AX8-Edit, select a Preset. click the down arrow next to the SAVE button on the top right and export your preset to your computer. repeat for several presets that aren't sounding right to you.

then upload them to my Dropbox here so i can see what's going on: https://www.dropbox.com/request/k1KMjyGjbYUSEF24pskj

Hopefully these will upload right. Here are some snapshot's.

Attachments

• Tele Twang_20160509_165126.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Slow Dancing_20160509_165207.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Keith Urban 5F8 - Burg_20160509_165230.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
Hopefully these will upload right. Here are some snapshot's.
can you describe what YOU are experiencing with these 3 presets? which is loud? which is soft? which is the "right" volume?

i've tried them all but don't want to influence any answers.

I feel like the slow dancing one is louder than the others. The Keith Urban is quieter and the tele twang one is one I made and sounds a lot softer. I couldn't ever get it to go like I wanted on the VU and not near as loud as the others.

Back
Top Bottom