Preset links on View 2 of FC-6

steveforward

Inspired
When I was designing my new layout system, I noticed a strange thing.
on my FC-6, I wanted to put more preset links on a layout on View2, as this is working out great for View 1 on a layout
but whenever I pressed them whilst on View 2 the preset would also load up still on View 2.

now, I've discussed with a very knowledgeable beta tester previously so I take his word for this 100%, posting this up in the hopes someone has a workaround?

it does it the same, when organising banks as presets, for example, in the OMG9 layout. it seems the FM3 isn't able to recognise layout links on different views other than the previous view it came from

After using the unit for more than two years, this seems to really be the only "snag" (not really a big issue FAR from it)
I've worked around this "issue" by just keeping everything on View 1 on the FC-6.

I'm also fairly sure that it could be hooman error, FM3 has been a complete DREAM these past few weeks since beta 8.

Layout Links allow specifying both the Layout and the View to change to... I suspect you didn't select View 1...

Reactions: Rex
Layout Links allow specifying both the Layout and the View to change to... I suspect you didn't select View 1...
What he said.

But you used the phrase “preset links” several times. Were you referring to something other than Layout Links?

Last edited:
im well aware of layout links, ive made loads of different OMG9, OMG3 layouts in the past,
however I cannot seem to fire off a preset and have it change views as well.

the issue I'm experiencing is,

1 - create a preset link on a swtich on the FC-6. the switch is on view 2.
2 - use a layout link on the switch to go to the layout, and view 1.
3 - when I press the switch, the preset loads up, but stays on view 2.

I've tried this with per-preset layouts and with normal layouts. it behaves the same.
It appears you can't switch views. so strange

Last edited:
the issue is that the Layout Link fires on the upstroke of the switch. i'm assuming the Preset change is firing on the downstroke of the switch.

because the preset comes first on the downstroke, the preset has changed, and then the Layout Link is reading the command on the upstroke, but it's the command of the NEW preset.

this has come up rarely as an issue before. i believe success is found when the Layout Link command you want is on the NEW/resulting preset.

Reactions: Rex
the issue is that the Layout Link fires on the upstroke of the switch. i'm assuming the Preset change is firing on the downstroke of the switch.

because the preset comes first on the downstroke, the preset has changed, and then the Layout Link is reading the command on the upstroke, but it's the command of the NEW preset.

this has come up rarely as an issue before. i believe success is found when the Layout Link command you want is on the NEW/resulting preset.
so would putting a layout link on the resulting preset solve this? interesting. thanks again Chris.

Chris, do you know where I add a layout link to the new/resulting preset?
where do I do this?

I'm stumped locating where to add a layout link to a whole new preset once it's gone there surely, as the very nature of a layout link requires it to be assigned to a single button before?

I have my test preset setup ("TEST NEW") it's on VIEW 2.
when I press it, I need it to go to PRESET 465, but on VIEW 1 of that preset.
1714210902735.png

So I head to Layout Links and select FC #1 (FC-6) Layout 6 - View 1.

1714211005541.png

when I click it... it goes to the new preset, but stays on View 2.
It does the same for regular layouts, not just for per-preset overrides I might add.
I'll bet 100% I'm missing something here, maybe layout links on per-presets don't work?

Last edited:
ive tried this with regular layouts, and it works just fine. where the problem occurs is with per-preser overrides. layout links on these dont' appear to work.

ive tried this with regular layouts, and it works just fine. where the problem occurs is with per-preser overrides. layout links on these dont' appear to work.
That’s where you have to create the Layout Link as a Per-Preset Override in the new preset.

That’s where you have to create the Layout Link as a Per-Preset Override in the new preset.
Per preset layout links arent working that was the whole point of this post.

Somehow I need to get this sorted otherwise it's just a waste of a whole view and I'm just linking presets together.

I was just checking the manual for any clues...

One thing I'm sure you already know but wanted to mention from the manual:

IMPORTANT: You must STORE the preset after setting up FC Switch definitions and overrides!

Distinctly different from other switch settings because they are part of the preset.

yep done all this, but I appreciate everyone helping.

I've checked scene toggle - load last preset - OFF
and I've done all of the above checks.

thank you eveyrone, Ill keep on working the problem

I can confirm that layout links work 100% on non per-preset overrides.
the issue is when I go to use layout links on per-preset overrides.
as shown in this vid...

so I've done some more experimenting, and setup two blank presets,

Say you want to have this:
PRESET #1 - Show VIEW 1 of this preset
PRESET #2 - Show VIEW 2 of this preset

there is a workaround, if you know what scene you're going to land on.

PRESET #1 - Show VIEW 1 of this preset | Set to #PP LLink VIEW 1 on Scene 1 (saved scene)
PRESET #2 - Show VIEW 2 of this preset | Set to #PP LLink VIEW 2 on Scene 1 (saved scene)

this seems to work, so when the per preset fires off, it "sees" the new #PP LLink and switches to it.
unfortunately, it's just a super confusing way to work lol.
It's not really a solution as such, but it does prove the theory that it's firing the preset before changing layout links on the per-preset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom