preset - cpu usage help!

Control your volume some were like amp remove the volume block you gain 10%. are you using the wa?. Not shure you will hear reverb with all that delay and trem sounds like synth kinda

Are you using more than two Amp models? If not, use the X/Y state on the first amp and eliminate the second amp block.

Control your volume some were like amp remove the volume block you gain 10%. are you using the wa?. Not shure you will hear reverb with all that delay and trem sounds like synth kinda

I cant.....i need the volume block for ambient reverb swells. If i use the amp volume it mutes the trails i think. Will have to test. Yes i do use the wah.

I run my volume as amp master and have no problem with delay swells. started toing that with pod to save dsp.

try to y an amp for scene 2 and see if you can match your eq sound loose the parametric gain a % or 2

I am Not a fan of pre compression on guitar. hard to get on the guitar volume control for that cleaned up tube amp sound. you could gain about 5% and some dynamics if you weaned of the compressor.

To some extent, I've also been using what I call the "brute force method" of CPU reduction (kind-of) which is: I put the front end of my traditional pedal board (Dunlop Bad Horsie II Wah, MXR Gate, MXR DynaComp, MXR EVH Phaser, Bad Monkey OD - will trade for Fx8 :)) in front of the Axe when I want to play on Patches that use a lot of CPU.

If Axe FX III is the plan so soon I'll suggest they go and put it where the sun doesn't shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sprint, you've paid good money for an Axe and now you are trying to work out how to use other pedals as the Axe is low on memory ? Really ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He must have some awfull crowded patches. don't worry about low memory if you are used to an amp and a couple of stomp boxes. I set up presets with 2 amps 2 cabs 2 delays 2 reverbs chours phase pitch shift wawah then I set up scenes to turn them on and off only since I tried running 2 stereo ultrares and the high reverb did I run out of cpu but I was just goofing around I don't need all that for it to sound top shelf. The ax you have will go out of date if it does now what you want it to.

Boy I need to proof read my replies. The ax you have will only go out of date if it does not do what you want it to do now. at least that is how I look at it I own a lot of gear that is old it still does what it was made to do my desires just changed.so I buy more gear.

Betcha we're all on an Axefx III waiting list next summer - with promise of loads of CPU capacity. - Cliff might be pushing the limits of this one.

Dont blame Cliff, ;) I guess we are the ones that pushing the limit... we all want more and better of everything ;)

• Change the compressor to "Pedal 2" type.
  • Delete the Tremolo block. Use the tremolo parameters in the Amp block instead (attach controller to Tremolo Depth to engage).
  • Delete the Chorus block. Use X or Y in the Pitch block instead, set to Detune.
  • Delete the 2nd Pitch block (Octave Divider). Substitute with a Ring Modulator (set to Tracking, adjust frequency).
  • Do not change the Cab from UltraRes to Hires. HiRes takes up more CPU than UR!
  • Turn off the noise gate in the grid input.
Now add a 2nd Reverb block, using the Spring Reverb type, becomes it takes up the least amount of CPU.
Note that the spring reverb doesn't support Hi-Q (the parameter is there but it doesn't change the tone and doesn't change CPU). But it still sounds great.

If there's enough CPU left, switch the 1st Reverb to Hi-Q.

There's no need to use 'stereo' UltraRes in many cases. Place the Cab before the stereo effects on the grid.
To make use of the micro-delay, wait for the new Cab-Lab to be released. You can then apply the micro-delay and save it in a single IR.

Last edited:
  • Change the compressor to "Pedal 2" type.
  • Delete the Tremolo block. Use the tremolo parameters in the Amp block instead (attach controller to Tremolo Depth to engage).
  • Delete the Chorus block. Use X or Y in the Pitch block instead, set to Detune.
  • Delete the 2nd Pitch block (Octave Divider). Substitute with a Ring Modulator (set to Tracking, adjust frequency).
  • Do not change the Cab from UltraRes to Hires. HiRes takes up more CPU than UR!
  • Turn off the noise gate in the grid input.
Now add a 2nd Reverb block, using the Spring Reverb type, becomes it takes up the least amount of CPU.
Note that the spring reverb doesn't support Hi-Q (the parameter is there but it doesn't change the tone and doesn't change CPU). But it still sounds great.

If there's enough CPU left, switch the 1st Reverb to Hi-Q.

There's no need to use 'stereo' UltraRes in many cases. Place the Cab before the stereo effects on the grid.
To make use of the micro-delay, wait for the new Cab-Lab to be released. You can then apply the micro-delay and save it in a single IR.

wow you really know the ax. I see a lot of your posts and you are always on top of it.
if your playing is that good wow!

Reactions: yek
Aaah, if only playing ability would increase as quickly as gear knowledge from hanging out in this forum and playing around with stuff in the Axe Fx :)

Back
Top Bottom