Preset Banks Setout

damo_512

How are you guys laying out your presets within the banks in your AF2?

I've got a few presets scattered throughout the factory presets, but I've seen some people have take the factory ones out and leave many presets blank.

What do you guys have in each bank (A,B,C)?

i put the ones i like in an order i like. i don't personally use factory presets, so i either leave them or delete them - makes no difference to me.

On my Mk I, bank A is my own. The first 20 presets are reserved for tones I need for the next show. Starting at preset 21, I keep tones I use often or occasionally. I rotate those into the first 20 as needed. Starting at the preset 128 and working backwards—that's my scratchpad area, for preset creation, modification and comparison.

The remaining banks are for factory presets (especially the first 70 or so, because they showcase individual amps), and others that I want to keep around for reference (example: @austinbuddy 's "Naked" presets get a significant portion of that).

On my XL+, I have the luxury of parking the factory presets in the last three banks, freeing up banks B and C for use as above.

I'm luck I have an XL.

Like Rex, my "working" bank is Bank A. The tones I use the most or would play live are in the first 50 presets or so.

Next 3 are the 700+ Naked Amps stuff:

Bank B is vintage amps, Class A amps, boutique amps

Bank C is modern amps

Bank D is cleans-only.... there is room in this bank

Bank E is my "work in progress" bank...it could be some Dweezil Zappa presets, or a "Marshall's only" bank, etc. It varies

Bank F is the first 128 Factory presets.

I think it would be nice if the Factory Presets should be something in a permanent memory slot that can be recalled at will but not take away space from user presets, and then leave all that other space for user presets. I reference the factory ones from time to time for various effects etc.

I found best way is to move bank A to the slots after bank C or D and leave the first bank clear for my own custom presets. I'll cherry pick any factory ones I really like and copy them into the last part of bank A. This is also beneficial when using the MFC101 meaning no special programming or mapping of presets.

Back
Top Bottom