Preset Bank Question

I remember reading somewhere that when you upgrade firmware, you're supposed to change the amp to another model, and then back again to "reset" the patch for the new firmware. Do you still have to do the same thing if you're on 8.01a and then load the v7 preset banks in to the unit?

Also, is it "ok" to use AxeEdit just for loading firmware and banks, or should I use a SysEx program?

Last edited:
1st Question - Yes.

2nd Question - I use Axe Edit to load firmware & banks w/o any problems (YMMV).

Axe-Edit is still safe for loading firmware. As far as I know, Axe-Manage is safe for loading banks, presets and IRs.

Just trying to wrap my head around it. If I load the v7 presets in with v8 software, what exactly does the act of "refreshing" the patch actually do to the settings?

It resets the advanced parameters in the amp block. This is sometimes of benefit if the modelling has changed in some way and the settings wouldn't translate well. It'll set them to a FAS default and you can go from there.

You don't have to do it and in some cases it might not be a change you like. I'll often duplicate my patches, reset one and then A/B between the two to see if I notice a difference.

Back
Top Bottom