Preset and Cab load times.

Narzugon

Power User
When I audition a preset or cab via Axe Edit it takes 5 or more seconds to load. I see the same behavior with Cab Lab and AxeFxSend. This has always been the case for me as far back as the initial release of Cab Lab. Is this normal?

Editing functions in Axe Edit are responsive and certainly quick enough.

I only use the USB connection for editing the Axe FX. I'm not doing USB audio.

Core 2 Duo 3ghz
8g Ram
Windows 7
USB Driver 1.67
DLL API 4.0

Default settings on the USB driver.

*Update*

I downloaded and installed the latest Fractal USB driver (following the precise instructions in the read me file). No change.

There's always been a bit of a delay when changing presets in Axe Edit for me. The sound sort of cuts in and out for a couple of seconds, then it's good. If I pause the connection to Axe Edit or close it completely, changes are normal and fast. I think it's just the way the MIDI over USB works in Axe Edit.

It is not doing that here when I use the Auto-Audtion in Axe-edit for auditioning cabs and presets, it goes right to them.

Now when I change presets with up and down arro it does that. But when I sticky the preset picker or use preset manager it fairly snappy.

Are you using totalsync in the MFC-101?

It is not doing that here when I use the Auto-Audtion in Axe-edit for auditioning cabs and presets, it goes right to them.

Now when I change presets with up and down arro it does that. But when I sticky the preset picker or use preset manager it fairly snappy.

Are you using totalsync in the MFC-101?

I am. I tried it with it off as well. Same behavior.

If I open Presets via the Preset button, Pin the window and randomly pick presets it's fairly snappy as you described (about 1 sec). Changing presets via the Up/Down arrows are much slower. Auditioning cabs that are stored on the Axe via the cab block are instantaneous.

Auditioning mixes via Cab Lab, Auditioning via AxeSend and Auditioning via the new browser's functions are slow.

That was it Al. I guess I left it on for MFC updates and such. Thanks for looking into that for me. Much appreciated. Thanks for the replies guys.

\m/

Back
Top Bottom