Preserving stereo from a stereo source.

DreDawgie

Hi all - I am trying to run a stereo source (my keyboard) through the Axe FX III via the L and R inputs of input 3. From that I have two volume blocks, one set to input select L and all pans L and R for the other volume block. I have two parallel amp chains that then both route into output 1. If I pan my keyboard from the keyboard, I still don't seem to get panning. Any ideas? Do I need to use two outputs?

You need to balance the rows L/R at or after the amp blocks as well. With separate rows to output block you could just balance the rows there.

Also realize that panning an input signal before distorting/compressing amps won't move it L/R in the same way as if you were hearing the unamped stereo output. The signal may stay fairly centered until one amp eventually cleans up and goes slient near one end of the pan value.

You need to balance the rows L/R at or after the amp blocks as well. With separate rows to output block you could just balance the rows there.

Also realize that panning an input signal before distorting/compressing amps won't move it L/R in the same way as if you were hearing the unamped stereo output. The signal may stay fairly centered until one amp eventually cleans up and goes slient near one end of the pan value.
This. Balance one amp to the left and the other to the right.

Back
Top Bottom