Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Unless you meant 10% of 10%, which is actually 1% (400 Axe fx III). In any case, the initial demand has to be higher than 400 units.

I always find it funny that people try and base their speculation on # of forum members. I know 3 people that have an AxeFx that don't have an account here. The people on this forum is most likely a small population of the overall users. Course, that is speculation based off my own experience. Truth is, no one but Fractal actually know the numbers.

I am not enough of a technology nerd to fully grasp the concept but can someone briefly explain why more power is going to equal better tone as related to the II and XL compared to the III? I know that more power can equal faster load times, ability to have more effects, more amps, etc. What I'm curious about is the "realism" factor and I only say that because I've been an owner of the II for years and it sounds so awesome and realistic already. I'm talking strictly about the core amp tone with no effects, etc. I am just curious what an increase in power can do for that?

I want to understand what piece is going to up the game. Will tone be a subtle change or so overwhelming that we spit our drinks out? Fractal rocks and this is really exciting!! I just don't understand the moving parts behind the scenes I guess.

I am not enough of a technology nerd to fully grasp the concept but can someone briefly explain why more power is going to equal better tone as related to the II and XL compared to the III? I know that more power can equal faster load times, ability to have more effects, more amps, etc. What I'm curious about is the "realism" factor and I only say that because I've been an owner of the II for years and it sounds so awesome and realistic already. I'm talking strictly about the core amp tone with no effects, etc. I am just curious what an increase in power can do for that?

I want to understand what piece is going to up the game. Will tone be a subtle change or so overwhelming that we spit our drinks out? Fractal rocks and this is really exciting!! I just don't understand the moving parts behind the scenes I guess.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/xl-becoming-obsolete.134736/#post-1592389

Thanks!!! Like I said, my Axe-Fx II already sounds amazing so any significant change would mean that we are not already hearing awesome tone. If it sounds better, that is a bonus. It is going to be great being able to take full advantage of more amps, cabs, algorithms, etc., etc.

BTW, anyone know if the "Tone Match" is going to make a huge return to the stage? Years ago I used that and it was amazing what that thing could do.

Unless you meant 10% of 10%, which is actually 1% (400 Axe fx III). In any case, the initial demand has to be higher than 400 units.
Exactly, that was only a loose assumption with the lowest numbers I can imagine.
I thought people who buy such a high-tech tool with tons of possibillities to configure, would use a forum like this...
If there are more people out there without registering would increase the numbers anyway,
So that means a even longer waiting list, only wild senseless speculations, I know...

Patience isn't in the top ten of my skill-list ...

I always find it funny that people try and base their speculation on # of forum members. I know 3 people that have an AxeFx that don't have an account here. The people on this forum is most likely a small population of the overall users. Course, that is speculation based off my own experience. Truth is, no one but Fractal actually know the numbers.

This. We tend to be isolated on the Forum, and believe that *we* are all that exist (and in some folks on this board...matter.) I know for a fact there are many power users who will never look here outside of lurk, and baseline users who are still on old FW and care not about continual improvements.

Then again those people that don't go to the forum most likely didn't get the jump on getting on the wait list like those of us who do...

But still, I'm disappointed that I didn't check it earlier... I don't think I got on until around 10 or 11 hours after the announcement. :(

I would still think there are many so called influencers here on the forum and on YT. I'm not saying they're paid by FAS but I bet they play a big role in spreading the news, helping potential buyers to decide ...

Back
Top Bottom