Wish Presence taper that matches the real amp

It varies from amp to amp. For instance, the Presence on a real 5150 doesn’t do anything until about 6, so the real amp on 6 is the same as the model on zero. If you raise it on the real amp to around 6.5-7, it’s roughly like 0.5-1.5 on the model.
Where do you normally set the Marshall’s vs model for instance in clips the Silver or 2204

In other words, if you open up the presence on the model to 6, then you're waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy overdoing it?? That makes a lot of sense actually.
I just updated to 21.00 Beta 4. The 5150 model with the Presence at 6 is about the same as the real amp with the presence just above 8.

The Dual Rec is much closer this time, but I still wish it was modeled using the solid state rectifiers to tighten it up.

The ‘77 2204 is more similar to the Brit 800 model than the Plexi 2204.

Where do you normally set the Marshall’s vs model for instance in clips the Silver or 2204
The Brit Silver was modeled from a Lerxst amp, so it’s not the same as a Silver Jubilee and sounds nothing like my amp (much boxier midrange and really dark in the top end). I think the closest I got to my real amp was using the Brit Brown and turning the input trim down significantly.

In the clips I posted, the Presence was set on 10 for both the real amps and the models to show that the real amps had more “cut” with that control maxed out vs the model.

I just updated to 21.00 Beta 4. The 5150 model with the Presence at 6 is about the same as the real amp with the presence just above 8.

The Dual Rec is much closer this time, but I still wish it was modeled using the solid state rectifiers to tighten it up.

The ‘77 2204 is more similar to the Brit 800 model than the Plexi 2204.

The Brit Silver was modeled from a Lerxst amp, so it’s not the same as a Silver Jubilee and sounds nothing like my amp (much boxier midrange and really dark in the top end). I think the closest I got to my real amp was using the Brit Brown and turning the input trim down significantly.

In the clips I posted, the Presence was set on 10 for both the real amps and the models to show that the real amps had more “cut” with that control maxed out vs the model.
Thanks for the info it is great having your input here
Every firmware I think it gets closer and it cool to see the feedback

It varies from amp to amp. For instance, the Presence on a real 5150 doesn’t do anything until about 6, so the real amp on 6 is the same as the model on zero. If you raise it on the real amp to around 6.5-7, it’s roughly like 0.5-1.5 on the model.
See, this huge difference between the real amp and the model is not good modeling in my personal opinion.
I like to experience the amps in the most authentic way possible, especially the tone shaping controls.
Master volume is different because it is very situation dependent and not often copied visually from favorite artists or youtube.

In most cases the tapers are the same as the real amp. In a handful of cases they are not. This cannot change at this point since it would change existing presets.

In most cases the tapers are the same as the real amp. In a handful of cases they are not. This cannot change at this point since it would change existing presets.
Is it safe to assume that amp models with suspiciously low default values for presence are the amp models that have a FAS modified presence taper?

F.ex. the 5150 III which have a default value of 3.0 (suspiciously low for that amp). I guess this is the same as 5.0 on the real amp (within pot tolerances)?

I think the Fractal 5153 model has reverse-log taper which is like in the 50w head.
The real 100w 5153 head has a Log taper like the Peavey 5150 and the 50w 5153 head has reverse-log.
Reverse-log is much smoother and has useable range from 0 to 10.

Personally speaking, I still prefer the original behavior even if it does nothing between 0-7.

Back
Top Bottom