PREORDERING THE MFC 101

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
Everyone,
What kind of interest is there in pre ordering and putting deposits on the MFC101? Maybe just $100 or something but enough to incentivize Fractal to fast track it. If you would be willing to do this reply to this post and I can propose it to Tom when I speak to him next. Please do not say you are in if in fact you are not or are on the fence. If I call Tom and tell him we have 50 people ready to throw down the plastic we can't embarrass the community (and me) and not come through.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

An interesting thought, but one that presumes they aren't already doing everything they can to get it out as quickly and full-featured as possible.
With the standard "pick two" of "done well, done cheap, or done fast", Fractal seems to me to be the type to only pick one: done well. And I'm good with that.

If they aren't already doing all they can, the only reasons I can come up with are because things like the VST and the Atomic Reactor FR are also taking up much of their time, not to mention the continued support of the Axe-Fx itself. While some may prefer to have the MFC done first, I'm sure there are others who would rather have the VST or the ARFR, or more Axe-Fx features, or hats and t-shirts :).

That said, I wouldn't mind if Fractal moved to waiting lists with a deposit.

Hell, I'd put up the full asking price if it meant getting the product, as originally planned with no corners cut, out faster. The FCB1010's shortcomings are becoming more and more of a nuisance...

I've learned that a waiting list means nothing when there ain't dough behind it, this is why I started the thread. Money talks and well you guys know the rest. Projected cost was $600 but the closest comparable foot controller is the liquid foot around $1000 so I would guesstimate we would probably be looking in the $800 range unless Fractal has promised to keep it in the $600 range.

Anyone else wanna commit?

Secret80'sMan said:
I've learned that a waiting list means nothing when there ain't dough behind it, this is why I started the thread. Money talks and well you guys know the rest. Projected cost was $600 but the closest comparable foot controller is the liquid foot around $1000 so I would guesstimate we would probably be looking in the $800 range unless Fractal has promised to keep it in the $600 range.

I would commit in a heart beat if I thought it would do any good. Cliff knows these will sell like hot cakes at any price. FAS isn't slow-boating the MFC101 for sport. If there is a delay, I'm sure they have a good reason for the delay and I for one would never ask for an explanation. It will get here when it gets here. I'm anxious too, but come-on, what's next? Cliff knows we are jones'ing for the MFC101. Mr Wizard won't leave us hanging out here any longer than is absolutely necessary. Remember this is Cliff new-firmware-overnite-to-fix-a-bug Chase we're talking about. Give the man some space . . .

cheers,

NaturalScience said:
Hell, I'd put up the full asking price if it meant getting the product, as originally planned with no corners cut, out faster. The FCB1010's shortcomings are becoming more and more of a nuisance...

+1. I'm hanging onto a pile of cash for it right now. I'd pay for it in-full, up front, if they could guarantee that it was coming and I wouldn't have to wait forever for it. NaturalScience, Substitue Boss "GT-8" for "FCB1010" and I'm right with you. Heck, I'm in an even WORSE position. At least you've got more CC's than I do. But, I digress... I would definitely pay for mine in-full up front if it would speed it along.

Secret80'sMan said:

You haven't dealt w/ Cliff much before then :D . He did not accept money for preorders of the ultra or the even standard when they were backordered. I would up being something like number 4 to get the Ultra. So for Cliff, a waiting list has meant something, even with no money down. It's not gonna change a thing. It will be ready when it ready and there is already a long line of people waiting to get it.

Java, thanks for the insight. Was unaware that there was an unsuccessful precedent of trying that approach already. Begging is sounding more and more like the next best method. :lol:

PS: I have had several conversations with Cliff and a good dialogue has always ensued so sure ain't tryin' to stir the pot, I just want that beauty of a foot controller.

Maybe we should hold his pet fish ransom! :twisted:

It will be done when it's done.........he's not holding it back to be mean to you guys.

Peter Hundley said:
Maybe we should hold his pet fish ransom! :twisted:

displannotwo128392317581093750.jpg

Secret80'sMan said:

The Liquid Foot Pro is 799.00

http://www.liquid-foot.com/PURCHASE.html

So whats the latest word on the MFC-101??? I have chunks of time I can't check the forum. But from what I've read its been pretty quiet on that front.

I think the latest word is that Cliff is concentrating on other projects than axe-fx. So maybe we'll start seeing more news on axe-pc and/or mfc.

Back
Top Bottom