Pre-EQ on Out1 and but not on Out2

MikeAllenPugh

Inspired
Hi,

This is probably going to seem a simple question, but the answer is completely evading me. I run my Axe into an active CLR cab from Output1. I use a Pre-EQ block to bump up the cab thump and use a single cab block. However, what I'd like to do is to send Output2 to FOH with that cab but no Pre-EQ block attached to it. Any ideas how to do this? Here's a sample patch image to show you an example of what I've got set in one of the patches.

Patch.jpg

Any ideas much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Mike

Put the cab before the EQ (swap places). Back up the delay and all after it left one space. (The cab will now be where the GEQ is in the pic.) put an fx loop block in the 3rd row to the right of the cab block (don't connect it to the output/far right).

The cab is linear and the EQ block will still affect the sound in the same way to Output 1.

This what you mean? I'm sure I remember doing this when I had my Matrix rig (power amp to traditional cab). I would try it now, but I've a few sleeping ogres in the house!! ;)

Patch.jpg

Daft question, but do you think that having the Pre-EQ after the cab block would alter the effect of the cab thump that much? I'm thinking not, but interesting to hear your view. In the end, I guess it shouldn't.

Daft question, but do you think that having the Pre-EQ after the cab block would alter the effect of the cab thump that much? I'm thinking not, but interesting to hear your view. In the end, I guess it shouldn't.

As Chris said, unless you are using significant amounts of motor drive. the cab blocks are linear time invariant (as is the peq). you can swap LTI effects before and after and they will sound the same.

Sorry, I'm old style traditional valve amp and pedals guy trying to get to grips with this thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom