Prayers Requested

Just did some WebMD research regards adhesive encapsulitis and discovered something I didn't like...the expected timeframe from initial pain/injury to full recovery can be upwards of 9 months towards 2 years forward. Am already experiencing difficulty getting dressed in the morning; what fresh hell awaits?

The choices of treatment may be to work with a qualified PT who can help regain range of motion and reduce inflammation where pain begins, or opt for an orthopedist who can arthroscopically break the adhesions and reconstruct the shoulder. My previous condition may preclude all of this...my left shoulder received rotator cuff surgery back in 2007 that proved unsuccessful...the interference screw that would have supposedly held the tendon in place ultimately let go after 9 months of recovery; effectively negating the repair, and purpose of the surgery.

My feeling is that this is a special case, what with the left shoulder already impacted by surgery previously and now adhesive encapsulitis. My quality of life is being threatened...not being able to dress, shower, or cook for myself will have a major impact on not only my life but my immediate family's.

The recovery timeframe of 9 months to 2 years also has me thinking of what might happen if I might need retire from my job. I'll need to ask the advice of my family as well as that of the doctors involved in my treatment plan.

This is an entirely whole new ball of wax...gonna need some encouragement along the way...
Never do too much web research...tomorrow it will be a cancer.

My ex-son-in-law once got into a patch of chiggers. When the bites appeared the next day, he got on WebMD and diagnosed himself with leukemia of all things... Freaked out, made my ex-daughter come home from work to drive him to the urgent care about half a mile away. Doc took one look at him, left the room, and sent the nurse back in with Calamine lotion. Told him to go home... SMH

Not in this case...the research specifically was about adhesive encapsulitis, and the adjoining article. There was plenty to read, and while it wasn't encouraging, it will be necessary to make some good decisions regards my ability to work part-time vs. quality of life. Part of my health insurance is bundled up with working, and unless PT can quickly improve my condition before the 9 month/2 year recovery window, it could be that the "health issue" that would require retirement is looming. Yeah, that is sad, because the past 22 years has been with my current place of work.

However, what I did note in recent news reports was that CT could sign into law a "paid sick leave" allowance, which might provide financial assistance while working with the PT office. The downside is if my health declines instead of improves, the ramifications of paid sick leave might be like the equivalent of taking out a home improvement loan, only to lose the house while the improvements were being made.

What I do know is that my current rent lease agreement is based on my income, and that not working a part-time job anymore would force a decrease in my rent fees. My new rent lease will arrive by mid-June, but not go into effect until August 1st. More research will need to be done so I can see clearly what my choices will be and how far into the future my current finances will support me. TBH, I'm not looking to relocate or downsize my modest apartment currently. Just need to know if the lease management company can adjust a lease based on projected yearly income, for reason of not receiving the estimated income the rental lease agreement was based on.

My ex-son-in-law once got into a patch of chiggers. When the bites appeared the next day, he got on WebMD and diagnosed himself with leukemia of all things... Freaked out, made my ex-daughter come home from work to drive him to the urgent care about half a mile away. Doc took one look at him, left the room, and sent the nurse back in with Calamine lotion. Told him to go home... SMH
In CT there are deer ticks which produce Lyme disease, but no indication of tick bite was ever mentioned in the primary's diagnosis. No, this is frozen shoulder, typically caused by scar tissue from previous surgery, or diabetes.

The only self-diagnosis I'd guessed at was that my heart statin for cholesterol might had produced some muscle weakness, fatigue, and tiredness. I don't think that my doctor would feel badly if the heart statin might be a cause of my feeling tired during the day, and if possible, might there be alternatives, OTC or holistic, for the cholesterol meds.

Am smiling inwardly regards the Calamime lotion...they say most of your secondary school education is job training...anything after that is practical application of the knowledge acquired during job training to your field of study. TBH, half of what I learned in college was being thankful for receiving food. My high school counselor asked me what good seasonal work might be. I replied "....Lifeguard?" She said, "Yeah, but how are you going to compete in life?" I said, "By receiving adequate job training and applying for a job."

Her words? "His ethics are sound. At least he won't waste his life looking for the golden handshake..."

Last edited:
Hey there

For what its worth.. if general medical practicion doesnt work, try to move yourselve to a chinese medical practicioner. Had me cured in less then 3 months from an old shoulder injury I had sinds childhood from a Judo contest (that I lost).
Anyway, this chinese doctor gave me anti toxins to drink what is very horrible tasting and therapy with acupuncture. Its been allmost 7 years now and never had any issues with the shoulder again. My issue whas a tight-up mussclecap and some sort of dirt in my shoulderjoints, all that is fixed. Sure the situation is still there, but the shoulder works like a normal shoulder without defects or pain. Luckily no operation was needed.

Hope for you for a fast recovery

Cheers 🍻

I had a frozen shoulder in my 40s due to a torn rotator cuff caused by a faulty golf swing (used to play a LOT of golf). I re-injured it a number of times by not giving it enough time to heal. It finally resolved after I suspended my golf for about 1 month while doing my physio regularly. Upon returning to golf I had to analyse my golf swing and rebuild it to avoid the excessive punishment to my shoulder that the old swing motion was causing. At the time my doc told me it is essential to get at the physio quickly to avoid my shoulder kindv fusing into the frozen position (initially, I'd lost at least 1/2 my range of arm movement). I believe this to be true as I could feel the physio deliberately but gently working my arm motion back to full range during healing.
Yup. My rotator cuff was the offspring of a broken humerus just below the ball joint. Once the break had healed, a shard of bone weakened and/or severed the anterior tendon. That was 2007, when I was 51 y.o.

I just spoke with the nurse practitioner and asked her to have my primary to call either later today or tomorrow afternoon. The NP's voice message was that my primary would agree to a PT eval, and if the PT folks thought it would be more beneficial to let an orthopedist evaluate the shoulder, then let him do so. The concern is the surgery/PT follow-up scheduling timeframe this year...and mitigating as much of the shoulder/arm pain as possible until corrective procedures can be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom