Praise and Worship presets ?

Yeah, it mostly is just sound. There's no special particular sound that defines the genre, as it is a reflection of all genres.

But if you had to define a starting point, and this is due to a number of factors, I would say you start with a clean-ish amp of the Vox persuasion. And you build gain stages based on boosts and ODs. Sometimes multiple amps are a thing, whether for stereo or blending. There may be more or less delay and reverb than in some styles. There may be more or less gain. But the gain is almost always pedal based.
That and playing style! Mostly you wont see scorching solos in Sunday morning P&W songs. As of late it seems the guitar in general has really taken a back seat in P&W songs compared to say 10-15 years ago.

That and playing style! Mostly you wont see scorching solos in Sunday morning P&W songs. As of late it seems the guitar in general has really taken a back seat in P&W songs compared to say 10-15 years ago.
the 80s synths and keys came back with a vengeance where I used to play. it was a bit too much for me

the 80s synths and keys came back with a vengeance where I used to play. it was a bit too much for me
Same but different here. You can't hear anything but drums and vocals in the room. I brought it up to the worship pastor, and even volunteered to help with sound, but nothing changed, so I stepped down from guitar playing. Too much stress trying to learn songs in three days and too little benefit. Sadly I haven't touched my guitar since, a first for me since I was 16. Somewhat ironically I ordered a Veritas Five O Three a couple months ago, which I won't get for another 10 months. Seems like a mistake now.

We have the same problem with our keyboard player, I even talked our church into buying a Nord Stage 3 to encourage the guy to play something different. All he did was to go find an 80's synth preset and play the same burnout sound, couldn't believe it.

We have the same problem with our keyboard player, I even talked our church into buying a Nord Stage 3 to encourage the guy to play something different. All he did was to go find an 80's synth preset and play the same burnout sound, couldn't believe it.
woof, that's like buying a corvette and not going faster than 25 with it

Back to the topic at hand, I only have some AX8 presets (but just bought the FM9 so I'm super excited to start from scratch!) that I used for my Strat and Charvel. I had to do some finagling to get all the FX I needed in each preset for the different guitars. The strat I believe I used just a Deluxe Verb and the Charvel I used the Matchbox Chieftan (Boutique 1 on the AX8). Ultimately pick what sounds good to your ears! If you're trying to mimic the recordings, the AC-30/Matchless/Morgan amps with humbuckers are always great places to start.

Does anyone know of a site that has praise and worship presets for the FM9? I know that worship tutorials has a few, but I was more or less looking for a website that supports the FM9 or the FM3 . I know there are websites out there that have numerous praise and worship presets for the Line 6 helix, so I was hoping that there was something available out there that had a large number of presets for praise and worship for the Fractal line of products
I don’t know of any sources other than what you already know. I create my own and do a preset for each song.
I posted my template here a few months back, using a carr rambler as the amp.

Good luck.

I've tried the popular ones and never did think they sounded the same as the demos, despite having the same or similar guitars. For what it's worth, here's a template that I've been using lately. I construct a preset per song from this. Dialed for humbuckers.

AC30 template
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10667

AC20 template
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10668
Thanks so much for sharing these! I loaded these and thought they sounded good, but today I tried them in stereo and WHOA! Got lost for hours.

Can someone educate me on this? What’s the difference between P&W presets and your run of the mill heathen ones? Kosher I understand but isnt it all just……..sound?

The P&W term literally means absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned.

I know, I shouldn't say that, but I really don't care. And yes, I just got home from playing one of my many "church gigs" I get called to do. None of which has ever been referred to as a, "praise and worship" gig. Music is music and sound is sound, but if anyone dares to suggest such a thing someone's bound to get their nickers in a twist.

So, sorry if I'm popping anyone's bubbles here, but this morning I used the exact same preset I used for my non-church gig the night before, because it's a pretty good sound, not because someone arbitrarily declared it a "praise & worship" sound. The extra weird thing is, everybody I work for loves my sounds and how I play. Be they religious, or some heathen type client. Go figure.

It's almost like the term "praise & worship" carries with it some connotation of needing to be qualified in some way. Which suggests it's somehow either less than, or significantly different than any other sound. I'm here to tell you brothers & sisters, it ain't - now can I get an a-men?

This is my most up-to-date AC-30 Top Boost preset. I use it with both a PRS McCarty 594 w/ 58/15 LT pickups and a Custom 24-08 w/ 85/15 Pickups. I don't change it for the guitars because I like how each of them bring their own thing to it.

Attachments

• Worship AC-30 Updated.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Last edited:
These are really well made btw! Most of them are empty presets (when I import them into my Axe3, will try my FM9 later), but the ones that are working sound so good! I'm loving the balance you got between the Matchless and AC30 amps!
If you import presets and they show up empty, that usually means that the presets were saved under a newer firmware version than the one you’re running on your own machine.

FWIW, here is a batch of presets I built from scratch for worship music.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X-kIfBzxTheCbEHMsqw5RuNiw-Ln4XvN?usp=sharing

I tried a couple as well....... like the Saturate button and need to start using that.
It did cause one off the scenes to clip when using it..... is there a way to control the volume of the Sat switch or is that controlled by the saturation amount. I didn't mess with that and couldn't find anything else that was jacking the volume.

Back
Top Bottom