Praise and Worship presets ?

wnlively

Inspired
Does anyone know of a site that has praise and worship presets for the FM9? I know that worship tutorials has a few, but I was more or less looking for a website that supports the FM9 or the FM3 . I know there are websites out there that have numerous praise and worship presets for the Line 6 helix, so I was hoping that there was something available out there that had a large number of presets for praise and worship for the Fractal line of products

I have some P&W stuff on my website specifically for FM9. The most recent FM9 preset I released has stereo AC20s. You can always pare it down for the FM3.

That's almost as funny as "make it sound like The Edge" or "lots of dotted eighth delay". I mean, it may be true for certain styles within the genre, but it's still a minority of the tones out there. Was this funny back in the day? Yes, a little. Is it terribly funny now? Well, it comes across as a little bit condescending toward the genre as a whole, which is really as diverse as any popular secular music. I sometimes need country-ish tones, or harder rock, or R&B, or dance pop, or... you get it? It's mostly not all reverb and delay.
About as condescending as "you get it?" perhaps? I have probably 80% of the WT presets and while I think the amp tones are really good, I have to dial back the reverb and delay very significantly to make them work for my church band - which as you say, may run the gamut of genres.

That's almost as funny as "make it sound like The Edge" or "lots of dotted eighth delay". I mean, it may be true for certain styles within the genre, but it's still a minority of the tones out there. Was this funny back in the day? Yes, a little. Is it terribly funny now? Well, it comes across as a little bit condescending toward the genre as a whole, which is really as diverse as any popular secular music. I sometimes need country-ish tones, or harder rock, or R&B, or dance pop, or... you get it? It's mostly not all reverb and delay.
As they say, where's the lie.
Yes if I wanna make it sound like the Edge I slap in the dotted eights.
If someone says I wanna sound like ACDC I'll say grab a plexi and dime it.
If they want some Mayer I say get a two rock and throw a klon on it.
Country I'd tell you to get a Matchless and throw some compression and slapback delay and.... bobs your uncle.

The essence of P&W preset is lots of reverb and delays on a chimey amp, the way I see it. The goal is to sound otherworldly. I've tried those presets from the different sites mentioned. I think you have our comments construed with general dislike of P&W. In my case that's not it at all believe me.

About as condescending as "you get it?" perhaps? I have probably 80% of the WT presets and while I think the amp tones are really good, I have to dial back the reverb and delay very significantly to make them work for my church band - which as you say, may run the gamut of genres.
Yea, I like the WT presets a lot- I have a bunch of them too, but they are pretty wet. The cleans I'm good with, but as dirt goes up, I find myself dialing the verbs back a little.

Yea, I like the WT presets a lot- I have a bunch of them too, but they are pretty wet. The cleans I'm good with, but as dirt goes up, I find myself dialing the verbs back a little.
Agreed. I think I've read that delays and reverb however good they sound, can get muddy really quickly at stage volumes, so I try not to have them too rich in my presets.

Internet's gonna internet lol.
I try to never give people malicious intent online, because well, sometimes they are just saying things off the cuff like they would if we were sitting around having a beer talking gear. I know half the things I say are not deep and full of subtext LOL, I'm a simple man haha. :D

I have a lot of fun just dialing my own. The more I do it the more proficient I get at it. It helps train my ear to identify different effects as well. I have created several basic P&W presets. Then if I need to specialize it for a certain song I copy it and make the appropriate change. Usually, tailoring the Scenes to various song sections. If I've had a particularly busy week I'll see if I can find one from Worship Tutorials as opposed to creating my own. But more and more that is the exception, not the norm. Also, unless the most prevalent guitar parts are steeped in reverb in the original song I actually run mine pretty dry. I don't believe in trying to make them sound "otherworldly". That sound is based up some persons' idea of what a "heavenly" sound is...

Once you find a set of effects you like, save the preset as a Template. I have a Worship Template that I use when needing a preset for a new song. The effects really don't change that much from song to song but will get tweaked as I discover different ways to use or configure the effects. These changes get added and saved to the Template.

The only things that really change from preset to preset for me are tempo and amp gain. Using an expression pedal for Reverb and Delay mix and feedback/time can make a preset much more versatile. I also use an expression pedal to add shimmer to reverbs using the Pitch page in the Reverb block.

I'm starting to experiment with the Pitch block for ambient tones after watching a Leon Todd video, pretty cool stuff to mess around with.

Can someone educate me on this? What’s the difference between P&W presets and your run of the mill heathen ones? Kosher I understand but isnt it all just……..sound?
It's pretty much a tele or Gretsch into an AC-30 or Matchless so the amp tones are really nothing unique. Ambient sounds are what most are after, think adding multiple Strymon pedals to any tone. Another thing that is done quite frequently is adding a lush reverb or delay into the front of a driven amp to get the distorted trails of the reverbs and delays in some of the ambient and lead tones.

Back
Top Bottom