Power time

sk8te4free7

Inspired
It's been about a year or so that i last asked about the amount of hours the axe can be left on for, and today i've left my axe on for about 7-8 hours straight while in use for tracking a song with my guitarist. I definitely feel happy about the performance. No lag, no power outage, consistent tone and volume all around. Thank you FAS! <3

The tubes get a little hot but no worries.

That's why I like to put it into Standby mode by flipping the power switch to the O position for two seconds. When I want to come out of standby, just flip it to | for two seconds and I'm right back in it.

Most people leave their computers on for weeks (or more) at a time, same with servers. Since its basically just a specialized rack mount computer, as long as its in a ventilated area, you're probably good to leave it on almost indefinitely.

Power cycling might even be worse than leaving it on!

Probably no real difference either way though.

Most people leave their computers on for weeks (or more) at a time, same with servers. Since its basically just a specialized rack mount computer, as long as its in a ventilated area, you're probably good to leave it on almost indefinitely.

Power cycling might even be worse than leaving it on!

Probably no real difference either way though.

That's been my experience. I have computers here that have been on for 5 to 7 years pretty much non-stop, less about 8 - 10 hours for maintenance/cleaning/upgrades. No problems. I don't leave my AxeFx on 24/7/365, but it has been known to be on for days on end. No problems. Power cycling forces thermal cycling, which is arguably harder on the components than just leaving them on.

Lesser software that gets updated this often might have errors in it that result in memory leaks leading to freeze ups. This is usually due to poor regression testing where the developers don't test to see what they might have broken when the fix things. Not so with Cliff's stuff.

Pretty sure Cliff has talked about how he's put the Axe through some rather rough conditions (in his car for days in the heat, on for days etc). I personally have left my Axe Fx 2 on for at least 2 days without incident. Hell, I'm sure you could leave it on between FIRMWARE upgrades at the rate he's going. I just don't want the ~30w/hour it draws on my power bill =P

Thanks for chiming in guys, i'm always concerned with my electronics although i must admit that i turn power cycle it on and off CONSTANTLY when not in use just to avoid having high electricity bills. I do play on a daily basis but 9 hours straight just gave me a positive outlook on how long this bad boy can be on for.

I recently did have one incident where after i turned off the unit, the LED lights flickered on/off in less than a second after i powered it down. Sort of scared me for a sec when it happened over a year that i've had the XL

now i'm concerned once again lol
Go here.
happy-place.jpg

Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

Back
Top Bottom