Power Outage During Firmware Upgrade!!

Tones2

Experienced
So the unthinkable happened where I had a power outage when I was upgrading my firmware on 6.02 on my Axe FX mk 2 XL. Now when I turn out on I get a blank screen. What do I do to restore the firmware?

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_II_hardware

1. If you use a power conditioner, try powering up the Axe-Fx II AFTER switching on the power conditioner.
  2. If a corrupt preset causes the Axe-Fx II to freeze during startup, hold Recall while powering up. This make the Axe-Fx II skip that preset and start with an empty one. If this doesn't help, verify that the preset doesn't link to a corrupt user cab.
  3. Cliff about low voltage: "Modelers are like synths in that regard. They will sound the same but if the voltage gets too low they may start acting weird, shutting down, etc. Modelers are really just specialized computers. If the voltage gets too low they can malfunction." source
  4. If the Axe-Fx won't boot anymore, contact Fractal Audio Support. You may need an emergency EPROM which you can use to boot the Axe-Fx II (Mark I or II). The Axe-Fx II XL has a built-in emergency EPROM: hold down Page Left and Page Right while cycling power.
  5. If the Axe-Fx crashes after having installed new firmware , try this: pull the battery, install firmware again, reinstall the battery.
  6. To avoid the "pop" when powering up, start the Axe-Fx II before the amplifier. And vice versa when shutting things down. The XL+ surpresses the "pop" at startup.

Follow steps 2, 4 or 5. I'm sure you'll sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom