Power Conditioner

Own several:
Monster Pro 2500, new $199. 1U rackmount. No longer made, can find them for less on eBay used.
Furman 8x², $99 new. 1U rack mount. Still made, used you'll find for a song.
Furman AC215A, $159 new. Serves the purpose of a power conditioner/surge protector underneath my effects board. Uses only 2 AC MAINs outputs, enough for my needs. Amazon price 12/26/22 was $115. Current price 07/07/23 $124.99

Last edited:
I had a Furman floor unit that had a battery storage that was constantly being recharged from the wall socket and you were using the stored electricity, which meant you got a constamt signal. Had to sell it, and when I went to buy another, could not find one. Don't remember the model #. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

I had a Furman floor unit that had a battery storage that was constantly being recharged from the wall socket and you were using the stored electricity, which meant you got a constamt signal. Had to sell it, and when I went to buy another, could not find one. Don't remember the model #. Anyone know what I'm referring to?
You just described an uninterruptible power supply (UPS).

Although I don't recall the model number, there were several Monster floor units that served as glorified surge protector/power conditioners some years back. IIRC, no battery backup (as @Rex described, a UPS) though. Monster Pro-900 I think they were called. You can still find these a NOS and used on eBay, Reverb, and online (Google is your friend). I don't ever recall viewing Furman with battery backup, though.

This one?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/F1500UPS--furman-f1500-ups

Last edited:
I have one of these:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...on-audio-pg-1-mk2-rackmount-power-conditioner

Works great and helped to clean up my noisy power in my home studio. Black Lion was recommended to me by a friend who is an FOH and recording studio engineer.
For live applications, I might usually plug my FRFR CP8s into my Furman SS-6B-Pro surge protector/conditioner. However, my Temple Audio FM9 currently is powered by my Furman AC215A, which is designed to connect directly to a wall outlet. (Putting the AC215A thru a separate surge protector voids its warranty if something should fail).

Although I've not gigged live as others already have yet, my CP8s at home plug into a separate power strip which connects to a Monster Pro 2500 protector / conditioner / clean power unit.

The Monster Pro 2500s are not easily found as much anymore...mine has lasted over 26 years and has been rock solid deflecting the occasional power blip. That being said, I don't know how well either the Furman's or the Monster would handle brown-outs or brief power interruptions. If anything, what will replace the Pro 2500 will be a Furman rack mount with numerical LED display. Much more expensive nowadays, but does the required job well...

Although I don't recall the model number, there were several Monster floor units that served as glorified surge protector/power conditioners some years back. IIRC, no battery backup (as @Rex described, a UPS) though. Monster Pro-900 I think they were called. You can still find these a NOS and used on eBay, Reverb, and online (Google is your friend). I don't ever recall viewing Furman with battery backup, though.

This one?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/F1500UPS--furman-f1500-ups
They sat on the floor and were wedge shaped

They sat on the floor and were wedge shaped
Sorry. I don't recall what you've asked about, then. The ones that were somewhat like what you describe were Monster low-profile trapezoidal lengths of power conditioner. Those I remember (I owned one), but they're tough to find online these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom