Power amp modeling

Hi All,

I’m curious about the process of power amp modeling.

For example, let’s say I’m working with the CAE3+. It’s modeled with (I believe) a Marshall power amp.

let’s say I pull the settings from the power amp of a twin reverb model. I copy these into the power amp section of the CAE3+. Will the CAE3+ Power amp model now behave just like the power amp model from the twin reverb? Or are there other parameters that are not mapped to controls, that impart additional behavior?

I hope that makes sense!

Phil

Hi All,

I’m curious about the process of power amp modeling.

For example, let’s say I’m working with the CAE3+. It’s modeled with (I believe) a Marshall power amp.

let’s say I pull the settings from the power amp of a twin reverb model. I copy these into the power amp section of the CAE3+. Will the CAE3+ Power amp model now behave just like the power amp model from the twin reverb? Or are there other parameters that are not mapped to controls, that impart additional behavior?

I hope that makes sense!

Phil
For the most part you can grab settings between amp types you like. Some oddballs like Tweed Deluxe are going to be more difficult to turn into SLO-100s though.

Setting yes, but the amp model is a lot more than that. Different everything: whole circuit, tubes, transformers, etc.
Ok, thanks. This is what I was wondering: how much of a model is controlled by the API versus "hard coded".

There are a lot of hidden values. If you just copy the exposed parameters it won't be the same.
Will we ever have a power amp type (or preamp type) selector so that we could mix and match different preamps and power amps?
That's an old wish of mine (not only mine) and it would open up a new world of tonal possibilities.

Will we ever have a power amp type (or preamp type) selector so that we could mix and match different preamps and power amps?
That's an old wish of mine (not only mine) and it would open up a new world of tonal possibilities.
We might’ve asked about this, and I thought there were intrinsic elements that straddled the pre to power thing, like feedback?

I seem to remember a Mesa 2:90, so that's why I'm asking :tearsofjoy:

You might be right ( ? ) ..., it was back in the "Ultra" days when the CAE3+ was added !

The reason I thought Marshall is because that's what Luke paired his first 3+SE with ....

I thought it was a Marshall power section, too. When I play through a real cabinet I defeat power amp modeling and use a freyette two/fifty/two, which sounds great. Still tweaking for in-the-box tho.

Back
Top Bottom