Power amp modeling when using matrix amp and guitar cab?

primerib

I'm pushing my AXFX2 into a Matrix GT1000FX and then into a vintage 30 loaded 4x12. Are people using the power amp modeling with this setup or do you turn it off? I was in the global menu turning off the cab stuff , but I think I like the poweramp stuff on. What say you forum?

Using the Matrix Power amp sims "ON"
with a tube Power amp .....experiment

Last edited:
I run the same GT1000FX amp into a THD 2 x 12 and definitely prefer it with power amp modeling.

I'm pushing my AXFX2 into a Matrix GT1000FX and then into a vintage 30 loaded 4x12. Are people using the power amp modeling with this setup or do you turn it off? I was in the global menu turning off the cab stuff , but I think I like the poweramp stuff on. What say you forum?

The Matrix is pretty flat specs so use the Power modeling in AXE II. Ultimately thought whatever your ears like is what's best!

I have the same set up, the matrix is so neutral (supposedly) that your power amp settings come through from the modeler. I think it sounds great with the Power Amp simulation on.

A friend of mine found a guy here that has a Matrix GT1000FX, he already tried it an ULTRA pushing an 80's Marshall cab and he said the sound was fantastic! very punchy and elastic. Next week we will try it with the Axe II pushing a vintage 5150 cab.

i have the matrix 1000fx with ax-fx II through a marshall cab 4x12 loaded with the G12-75 and have Power amp sims "ON"

I have a similar setup... Axe FX II > Matrix GT 1000FX > Rivera 4x12 v30s

ALWAYS power amp sims ON!

Back
Top Bottom