Post Your Rig!

Heading into a live in the studio DVD performance/recording session this weekend. (Think Beatles "Let It Be" for reference, except with no Beatles :D).

Here's the "A" rig:

2004 Melancon Custom Artist; Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra controlled by Rocktron All Access, Mission Audio and Square One controllers; FBT 8ma powered monitor. Incase gig bag, Peterson Strobo-flip, Shubb capo.

Not shown, but going to be there: Taylor Solid Body Guitars (3 of them), Melancon Custom Artist "T" and my Breedlove AD25R-Plus acoustic.

06182009-Rig.jpg

Here's a pic of my rig at our last show... not a very good pic from my iPhone... notice how my Axe-fx rig dwarf's that Mesa rig behind it... :D

the continuously migrating rig now looks like this:

AxeTheileRack.jpg

2 self contained boxes that are easy to wheel around. A lighter power amp would be nice. I installed casters on the rack itself so i don't need the dolly anymore. I need to buy a foot switch that will fit in the rack drawer and everything will be nice and tidy. The EVM12L Thiele cab actually works quite well with some ( not all ) of the cab sims. It helps that the EVM has a wider frequency response than most of the cabs that are in the factory IR's. I haven't tried any redwirez yet with it.

Nice, Sherpa, but I hope you don't play with the amp while it's in the corner. Huge build-up of bass, those corners.

I don't have a pic of my rig yet, but have some questions on setting up my rack based on all the great pictures you folks have provided.

Is there a preferred order or layout I should follow? I will have the following gear soon and thinking about how to lay it out in a 4RU rack case (or maybe one 3RU plus a one 1RU). Let's take cost out of the equation first and work from there. Here goes:

1RU Furman Power Conditioner
1RU ART SLA-2 Power Amp
2RU Axe FX Ultra

Option One = 1 x 4RU:

(Layout from top to bottom)

1RU ART SLA-2 Power Amp
2RU Axe FX Ultra

Pros: All in one, can carry with one hand (hopefully).
Cons: Possible heat build-up. May be too heavy.

Option Two = 1 x 3RU plus 1 x 1RU:

(Layout from top to bottom)

1 x 3RU:
2RU Axe FX Ultra

1 x 1RU:
1RU ART SLA-2 Power Amp

Pros: Can keep the Axe FX and Power Conditioner in one unit in case I have a gig that doesn't require the power amp. Two separate racks may have a natural separation for any potential heat issues.

Cons: Need two hands to carry. Probably an additional cost.

Or should I get a rack that is bigger and allow some spare slots for air ventilation? That is, for Option One, get a 6RU size rack to allow some gaps (but that would seem like a large box to carry around). But may be worth while if I go for Option Two to get a 2RU for the separate power amp (i.e. 1 x 3RU plus 1 x 2RU), which would also give me a spare slot if I ever get GAS again or perhaps can use as a shelf to carry a foot controller/cables(?). Also, what would be the logical top to bottom ordering of the units vis a vis heat dissipation (which if I remember from high school science classes that I often skipped, heat rises :lol: ).

Any preferred brands out there with pros and cons that you can share? That is, Gator, SKB etc...

Anyway, just some thoughts that I think most of us go through when setting up our gear. :D

Cheers

It's hard to tell from this Pic Mo... are you sure your amp is switched on?

Mos20Axe-fx20Rig.jpg

WOW... thats a bright light... I been "hip MO tized!" :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

guitarded said:
It's hard to tell from this Pic Mo... are you sure your amp is switched on?
Hahahaha... yeah... there was no signal going to the GX5 so no green lights were lighting up... so the only thing that lights up is the blue power light.

guitarded said:
WOW... thats a bright light... I been "hip MO tized!" :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was funny... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is my curent rig. The Rack was built by me and the case is for the pedal board, both courtesy of Stomp'n ground. The cabs arn't beeing used at this point and just provide enough hight so I can hang my guitar. The Mackie board and amps are the stage monitoring system

DSCN2344.jpg

Notice the Wireless location... Speakers are 8" Raidan Micro wedge.

DSCN2351.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

The speaker is a QSC K-10. It works really well for me. I use a Midi-mate change patches.

The Firebird is new. It is an Epi Firebird VII. It has a set neck, instead of the neck through. If I'm not using that I am using either a Gibson Les Paul Special DC, or a Tele.

@Kramer_5150

Holy shit dude, now that's AxeFX on full blown 5.1 haha!

Wish Cliff would add a 5.1 mixer for digital only output (maybe downscalable to 4.0 with analog outs?)

Back
Top Bottom