Post Your Rig!

Scott Peterson said:
Axe-FX Power Tower:

AxeFX-Power-Tower.jpg

Wah? You still havent returned the borrowed one? :lol:

Hunter -
That just looks like too much fun for one man to have. I'd have to quit my day-job with all those toys! Nice setup. ;)

hunter said:
MKeditor said:
You don't like humbuckers, do you?

Single coils only when they come in serially wired pairs :mrgreen:

I do have a P90 guitar though.

Actually I also have a Tokai strat which is not in the picture. I like SCs a lot for Pink Floyd stuff, but only for that. Sometimes I wonder how people get good sounds out of SingleCoils ... maybe boost/compress the hell out of them or sth?

I thought the same thing until I actually got myself a strat and played with it for a while ... In my opinion its quite amazing for cleans and bluesy tones can't really get there with humbuckers ... I was able to get very nice high gain sounds out of them as well ... Its a bit annoying that they have quite a bit more hum to them but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a properly set gate or envelope/volume block,

Mik.

Mik,

I've used all sorts of single coil replacement pickups and for me the Kinman Woodstock delivers the true Strat sound without the hum.
With the no soldering harness you get lots of interesting combinations. You can even mix in the neck pup with the bridge.

mworkman said:
On top of my Axe-FX rig is a fishing tackle box that I used for supplies and stuff - picks, strings, tools, cotton cloths, etc.
guitar_tool_box_outside_20.jpg

guitar_tool_box_inside_20.jpg

That's got to be one of the best ideas I've seen for organizing guitar supplies. I've got to get me a small tacklebox. Thanks for the tip!!

GuitarDojo said:
Java can you give the details of your rack?

IS that the main pa rack next to yours?
normal_axefx_rig1.JPG

Top to bottom Sennheiser EW300IEM G2 wireless monitor
DBX IEM processor
MOTU 892 MkII (as a mixer)
Alesis power
Rack Drawer - XDS-Plus wireless, ADA Flanger, MXR phase 90 handwired reissue, Foxrox Octron, EVH Flanger, MXR M173 Silicon Fuzz, pedal power 2+, Sound Sculpture ABCadabra (MIDI A/B/Y Switcher)
Sound Sculpture Switchblade 8B
Axe-fx Ultra

The pedals are routed to the switch blade so the can go before the Ultra or in the loop.
Ultra is connected via S/PDIF to the MOTU
MOTU sends a signal to the board on one bus, on another it takes an Aviom personal monitor system and mixes it with my Ultra signal.
It Also serves to send a signal to the board when I use a guitar synth on occasion.
Plus the mic pre on it is wired w/ the switchblade so I can use it for the Vocoder on the Ultra.

The Aviom, Ultra signal is sent to the DBX processor where I give it a bit of compression for the vocals, limiting, and a reverb that is very similar to our worship center. That all goes to the IEM.

The left is part of my studio. Motu 896, EQs, patch pay, and a lot of stuff I don't use much at all.

Heres a better view of it from a while back:
normal_P1010008.JPG

Here is some (have a few more) of the gang:

normal_P1010004.JPG

normal_P1010005.JPG

normal_dtuna.jpg

And some of the amps and a few of the pedals:
normal_P1010003.JPG

normal_P1010002.JPG

normal_P1010001.JPG

javajunkie said:
MOTU sends a signal to the board on one bus, on another it takes an Aviom personal monitor system and mixes it with my Ultra signal.
It Also serves to send a signal to the board when I use a guitar synth on occasion.
Plus the mic pre on it is wired w/ the switchblade so I can use it for the Vocoder on the Ultra.

The Aviom, Ultra signal is sent to the DBX processor where I give it a bit of compression for the vocals, limiting, and a reverb that is very similar to our worship center. That all goes to the IEM.

And that is why I am buying a Motu!!!!
Knew I should have kepy my switchblade.
btw
:mrgreen: Gear pig Gear pig Gear pig!

GuitarDojo said:
javajunkie said:

And that is why I am buying a Motu!!!!
Knew I should have kepy my switchblade.
btw
:mrgreen: Gear pig Gear pig Gear pig!

Oink, oink :oops:

Jave - niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice stuff man.

Oh, how I miss my Shiva. Sigh. I've done my Bogner preset more like I used to like my Shiva to sound like than my Ecstasy. Seeing your pics made me miss that heavy, loud Shiva.

MisterE said:
Mik,

I've used all sorts of single coil replacement pickups and for me the Kinman Woodstock delivers the true Strat sound without the hum.
With the no soldering harness you get lots of interesting combinations. You can even mix in the neck pup with the bridge.

MisterE - thanks for the info .. I checked it out and it seems promising .. once I have a chance I will try to get my hands on a set to see how they do ..

Mik.

Scott Peterson said:
Jave - niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice stuff man.

Oh, how I miss my Shiva. Sigh. I've done my Bogner preset more like I used to like my Shiva to sound like than my Ecstasy. Seeing your pics made me miss that heavy, loud Shiva.

It is a really special amp. One of my all time favorites.

javajunkie said:
normal_axefx_rig.JPG

normal_axefx_rig1.JPG

normal_liquid.jpg

XDS-Plus moved to the rack

Two things stand out to me on your pics Java...

Pic 1: My wife is constantly seeing the number "123" everywhere she goes... and now I'm starting to see it as well... (not as much as my wife does)... it's always "1:23", "12:3x" or here's your change $1.23... etc... funny thing is that I tend to see "12:34" a lot cuz I'm always a night owl! I listen to Coast to Coast AM constantly and several guests have made mention of "numbers" and what their significances are in our lives... they mention that if you see a certain "number" or set of "numbers" that it's your "spirit guide" or "guardian angel" letting you know to take notice... or to just let you know that they are here for you.

Pic 3: Your preset states "Everlasting God" but look at what preset number is... "13"... funny... don't know if it was intentional or not.

Great pics!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom