Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Just finished installing new bluesbreaker grill cloth with gold piping and 6" logos last weekend. These are early 90's cabs with the greenback reissue 6402 cones. They look even better in person and sound incredible to me with the axe fx III soldano into the two powerstations. This was the first time running the axe fx into real cabs like this and I love how good it sounds. I have to say this is the best sounding "amp" I have had and exceeds my expectations.

EDIT: not basketweave, it's the Marshall Bluesbreaker reissue cloth

View attachment 94242
Now I need to buy a second Powerstation 🤪🥰

Bit of an update, as I've added an LXII as an alternative to the Matrix, if required. Having tried both, I can say that there's barely a noticeable difference sound-wise between the two. I'll continue to use the Matrix wherever possible, but as i've had it now since around 2011 (i think), it's good to have a backup on hand. I put the LXII in a seperate rack because it's so weighty.
LXII in rack.jpg

I built this rig for my solo guitar/lap steel gigs. I play acoustic steel string and classical guitars thru the LR Baggs ParaAcoustic DI's and my L-5, Strat, and lap steels thru the FX III. The Strymon reverb is on the FX loop of the mixer so that I can use it with the DI's and the FX III. Put on the lid and back and it has a pull out handle and wheels. Just plug in the speakers, guitars, pedals/looper, and 110v and its ready to go. I don't play many gigs with bands these days, but I do have a couple band gigs coming up and I'll put this rig on the stage and plug the mixer's Main outputs into the PA and use a couple small Bose S1-Pro powered speakers for monitors to hear myself on stage. The Mackie lets me run a the master volume to the PA and the Control Room volume to the Bose speakers.
FX Rig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom