Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Quick and dirty partial rig pics. I just finished my breakout patch panel, man that was wild. I made labels but they turned out not so good. Looking to find some DSS Neutrik plates and maybe flip the locks around 180 degrees. Panel is all feed thru connectors (solderless). I had to make the MIDI feedthroughs since bulkhead connectors like that are prohibitively expensive. Surprisingly my breakout panel works great. Cab is stereo Avatar with four Celestion F12-X200. I got tired of reaching behind the rack to do something. Now the only things that aren't up front are the IEC power connector, and the SPDIF connections.

Attachments

• IMG_2842.jpg
    IMG_2842.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2845.jpg
    IMG_2845.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 174
Nice! What brand/type are those solderless feed tru connectors? And is that a power amp at the bottom?
Brand of connectors are most likely unbranded (may be Procraft, and the connector locks are a bit stiff); seller was eBay and I bought them 8 in a bundle x2. Black ones were separate purchase; again those are most likely of Chinese origin. Yes, that is a power amp, it is a Crown dual 75W 1U. I actually have a 2U 300W Crown, but it wouldn't fit in the rack along with the patch bay.

Axe FX setup i built for guitarist Peter Keller, working with Peter Maffay, and this is guitar world stage right.

Wireless -> input selector -> Lehle P-Split -> Axe FX III -> Diezel VH4 pre -> Axe FX III -> Diezel VH4 power -> Grossmann 1x12" isocabinet

The Axe FX's are run redundantly, with both sending midi to merge/splitters so both primary and secondary VH4 changes channels. The FC 12 is run on the top Axe FX, and i change the preset manually on the second Axe FX. Haven't had a breakdown yet, but will be able to change seamlessly audio wise, and just need to move the FC 12 in that case. Will make an A/B switch for it can be switched.

When all is dialed in, all will be fitted in a single rack.

Regards, Frank

Attachments

• IMG_2835.JPG
    IMG_2835.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 258
There are some great rigs and rooms here!

Mounted my AXE-FX with the wireless xmtr for my IEMs, fan panel in the rear was modified to accommodate the monitor inputs (though I never wound up using stereo). Tucked inside is a 3-way AC fanout to power the IEMs, fans, and AXE-FX.

I'd been rolling with the FC-12 and pedals loose on the floor, but finally broke down and made a board for them. Fractal pieces are attached using their mounting holes. The footswitch is for rotary speed, set it out when I need it.

I had the board and carry bag from the old pedal & amp days, just recycled things. I've since added an AC power strip with USB power ports to run a small fan and iPad next to my stage position. The board should help for some of the quick-turnaround gigs I've been doing.

IMG_8363.JPEGIMG_8364.JPEGIMG_8742.jpegIMG_8741.jpeg

So i streamlined down my rack, found i wast using my wireless and the other units tied into it. Might be in my head but i also think it sounds a bit better with out the other stuff in there. I also started doing per-preset for different presets so i can use different effects but still keep the same amp tone. The Strobo rack is just taking up a space in there for now, wont get rid of it as i use it for setup work.
Current set up
IMG-2136.jpg

IMG-2137.jpg

IMG-2138.jpg

Old
DSC01486.jpg

I also have a pair of Behringer Truth monitors I run through and occasionally I use my home stereo with Klipsch Epic CF4 speakers. Hopefully I’ll get a foot controller once this beast is paid off!

Attachments

• 2E7D856F-B31B-489F-BB48-E1764B25CB0D.jpeg
    2E7D856F-B31B-489F-BB48-E1764B25CB0D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom