Possible to split the MIDI Out/Thru into both?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
I have an XVive MD1 bluetooth MIDI dongle that I use with my Axe Fx III. I leave it plugged in all the time. It's powered through the MIDI port(s). It receives commands from my iPad using OnSong pro. It switches presets, scenes, and changes parameters on channel 1, and then passes along commands on channel 2 to my Kronos keyboard.

The dongle plugs into both the in & out ports. But if it were plugged in, I wouldn't be able to plug a cable in to send it to the Kronos. Is there a way to split the MIDI Out/Thru jack into two ports? Is there a dongle for this purpose?

I have a similar setup, axefx, kronos but i'm using forscore. i have an irig midi 2 which sends commands from forscore to the kronos which in turn can send midi out of the kronos to the axefx. i'm wasn't aware of this md1 bluetooth midi device so i'm not speaking with great knowledge but my guess would be no. could you add a 2nd md1 to the kronos? after a few seconds of thought i guess not as onsong will only connect to one device at a time? this has me interested, i'd love to hear from those with more experience with this sort of thing and i'm off to check out the md1...

I have a similar setup, axefx, kronos but i'm using forscore. i have an irig midi 2 which sends commands from forscore to the kronos which in turn can send midi out of the kronos to the axefx. i'm wasn't aware of this md1 bluetooth midi device so i'm not speaking with great knowledge but my guess would be no. could you add a 2nd md1 to the kronos? after a few seconds of thought i guess not as onsong will only connect to one device at a time? this has me interested, i'd love to hear from those with more experience with this sort of thing and i'm off to check out the md1...
Well, the iPad can connect to multiple BT units at once. OnSong connects to midimittr, and midimittr can connect to several devices I think - but I don't want to spend the money until I know for sure. Then, as long the Kronos and Axe are on different channels, it should work.

But I guess it's kinda moot; since I would have to unplug the bluetooth dongle from my Kronos OR my FM3 anyway, I might as well just put it in my Kronos and run a cable to my FM3 and I wouldn't have to change any MIDI commands since the MIDI channels will still be the same. I just wasn't sure if it were possible to split the one jack into it's component parts using a dongle or something.

MIDI Solutions Splitter?
Interesting idea. I wonder if the power output would be enough to power both the Splitter AND the Bluetooth dongle? I think it will look a little clunky, but it would probably get the job done. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom