Possible to do this techno sound?

shinodax

Hey guys,

I've been trying to tweak this sound for a while and I cant get the exact result as the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9SItVdXZUs

Im trying to get the intro sound only. Last for about 10secs. The rest is nothing.
I was thinking of using a organ sound combined with panner/tremolo for the oscillator.
Cant seem to get the right blend and oscillation tempo.

Pro-tweakers please feel free to join in the help. Thanks!

i think you'd need to use the sequencer for the chops and then a random lfo with high damping for the panning. the panning doesn't seem to be related to the tempo (to me).

you could try attaching the sequencer to the depth of an lfo set to 16ths with a saw down waveform, which is in turn attached to a volume block

use the sequencer to control when you get chops and when you don't - i hear almost 2 bars of 16th chops with a couple of beats at the end where you have 8ths at full volume

listening again, there seems to be 2 panning actions happening - one is a random sweep around the image with a low mix and the other is tied to the chops - 16's hard left and right. you could use the trem for this, set to a square wave

if i get time over the weekend, i might try and have a go myself. i'll post the patch if i have any luck

sim

here you go. you'll need an ultra to run this, but it might be tweakable to run on a standard

it's almost kinda there...if i manage to get closer, i'll let you know

if anybody else manages to tweak this closer, please let us know, i'd be interested to know what you did!

sim

ps - play single notes from C major

Hey Simeon,

Thanks a lot for the tip. You are truly amazing at getting these effects. Im glad that I got an Ultra instead of the standard. haha.
And thanks for the patch as well. I tried it out and I must say it's almost close to getting it. I think you can add megatap and multidelay stuff for the keys sound with lots of diffusion etc.
Do you have any approach when setting up the controllers for the tempo thing?

Anyway this is my patch. See if you can work anything out from here.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Epic Techno.syx
    2 KB · Views: 72
Should have mentioned that the speed of the tremolo in my patch is controlled by the global tempo. Set to about 85 to hear it right. If you want to play chords, just ditch the synth and replace with a compressor. Set the amp to something clean and ditch the harmonizer. The volume block after the amp is for your volume pedal. You can add a multidelay as well.

Sim

Alright. Thanks. I will try that out as well. I don't have an expression pedal with me right now. =(

Back
Top Bottom