Possible High Quality Case

DavidE

Power User
The Mono Producer bag looks like it will fit with the main compartment dimensions beting 16" wide, 11.5" high and 3" deep. The depth is short by .1", but the bag probaby flexes enough to make it work fine. On top of that there's a front pocket that's 16" wide and 2" deep and side pockets perfect for expression pedals. There's also an interior laptop sleeve that can fit laptops up to 17".

Hmm I have my AX8 in a laptop bag that's fits a 17" laptop. It fits with enough room for a Ev-5 expression pedal. I don't think it will fit well in something exactly 16 inches. There are plenty of good lap top cases that will fit it as well as mono cases 17 inch bag I bet.

Hope that helps
Larry

I'll test it when my AX8 arrives since I already have this bag. ;-) Since the bag fits a 17" laptop (remember, that's diagonal) I think it will fit and in addition to the 16" there are side pockets to hold the expression pedals. Not as cheap as a regular laptop bag though.

I looked into the Mono stuff yesterday. Sure wish they'd make a "Tick" case that would fit this. One of those and a Dual Case... I'd be gig-ready in one package!!

The mono bag is so expensive though. I think something like this would work well for me:
Case Logic DLC-117 17.3-Inch Laptop and Tablet Case Amazon product ASIN B006QV7WM6
Or this

Case Logic 17-Inch Security Friendly Laptop Case (ZLCS-217) Amazon product ASIN B007Z92RGE
I need something that I can take on a plane and throw in the overheard bin.
I got mine used, but like new maybe 2 years ago. Just make sure that whatever you get provides some protection.

The mono bag is so expensive though. I think something like this would work well for me:
Case Logic DLC-117 17.3-Inch Laptop and Tablet Case Amazon product ASIN B006QV7WM6
Or this

Case Logic 17-Inch Security Friendly Laptop Case (ZLCS-217) Amazon product ASIN B007Z92RGE
I need something that I can take on a plane and throw in the overheard bin.
Yep, Exactly. The mono stuff is great I have custom made cases bags Nice leather cost a bit of money for my MFC's and axe FX but the beauty in the FX8 and the AX* is it will fit nicely in one of these laptop case Designed to protect a fragile Computer It should work great for the AX* I am flying starting tomorrow quit a bit with my AX8 and EV-5 expression and Sennheiser Wireless unit in one. I have no doubt it will protect the gear. It's all carry-on and not going to be thrown around in a truck or anything. My Laptop case i think was under $30 on close out sale. I do have a really nice Gift laptop case that's in the Way expensive category but this one will do nicely. :)

http://www.studioslips.com/

These guys made a clamshell bag for my CLR. Not too expensive and great quality. Best of all it fits like a glove. I'm contacting them to make a briefcase style for the AX8 with room for 2 exp pedals and cables. That is once the specs are disclosed. Would be nice to know now as lead time is probably 2-3 weeks

These guys made a clamshell bag for my CLR. Not too expensive and great quality. Best of all it fits like a glove. I'm contacting them to make a briefcase style for the AX8 with room for 2 exp pedals and cables. That is once the specs are disclosed. Would be nice to know now as lead time is probably 2-3 weeks
Specs are the same as the fx8: 16.4 X 10.3 x 3.1

Yep, Exactly. The mono stuff is great I have custom made cases bags Nice leather cost a bit of money for my MFC's and axe FX but the beauty in the FX8 and the AX* is it will fit nicely in one of these laptop case Designed to protect a fragile Computer It should work great for the AX* I am flying starting tomorrow quit a bit with my AX8 and EV-5 expression and Sennheiser Wireless unit in one. I have no doubt it will protect the gear. It's all carry-on and not going to be thrown around in a truck or anything. My Laptop case i think was under $30 on close out sale. I do have a really nice Gift laptop case that's in the Way expensive category but this one will do nicely. :)
Cool. :)

Do you have a model number on your laptop bag? It's just hard to tell from online photos if the main compartment in these bags will be tall enough to fit the ax8.

I don't have the exact model number. It's by a company called Foray. But I got my AX8 while I was in LA and I had to borrow something to take it to the 3 show events I did. I saw nothing special laptop case at my friends place Abd asked if I could borrow it for a few days. It fit just as well as mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 49
The Mono Club should be a great option with place to spare for an exp

Yes, the AX8 fits in the club. Or should I say: In Da Club.
And you can fit in an exp.pedal as well.

I love the Mono stuff.

But it's not something you want to use if you transport all band stuff in the back of a truck.

There stuff is cool but I don't exactly consider then affordable per say.

maybe not, but the thread title asks about a high quality case and If you want an exact fit for your particular setup, studio slips will make it to your dims

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom