Possible help with tinnitus?

Same here, morning, around, then again at 2:00 p.m. I stopped drinking my afternoon coffee for a while and it really helped with the ringing in the evening and at night, when things are quieter. It's there in the morning, but not as bad. Caffeine is definitely a know trigger and I'm guessing it's a cumulative affect as well, which is another reason it's worse late in the day.

Try eliminating the third coffee and see if it helps. I was going to stop drinking my afternoon coffee, but it's hard to. I like it too much! lol
Thanks I'll try to try - I'm very coffee addicted but my T is at a point now where the trade-off is likely worth it.

yet, but I have fullness and slight sensitivity - probably a precursor to it.
can you describe "fullness"?

I've had very "audible" tinnitus for many years, but only recently do I percieve what I would call "fullness" (like I have a head cold, but I don't) going along with it. So, in my case at least, "fullness" is coming after / not a precursor.

can you describe "fullness"?

I've had very "audible" tinnitus for many years, but only recently do I percieve what I would call "fullness" (like I have a head cold, but I don't) going along with it. So, in my case at least, "fullness" is coming after / not a precursor.
Hey Sprint

I researched the hell out of this (ENTs weren't helpful) and I found something called Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome. I'll let you go ahead and research it on your own, but this condition describes my situation almost exactly with respect to that "fullness" feeling. The fullness feeling can be the result of many things, but usually for people with some sort of hearing issue it is due to this. For me it's more of a tightness sensation and a "tugging" sensation on my ear drum.

Strangely enough, if I put plugs in or my IEMs it basically goes away. Sometimes when it flares up I get pain under my chin, near my eye and down my neck. Almost like a burning sensation. Other times it feels like there's water trapped in my ear, but doctors found no fluid or wax. You may just be experiencing Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, however that's not what I am experiencing. Does any of this match up with what you have?

Interestingly enough, I don't have tinnitus - at least nothing I can hear or notice. I'm trying to avoid it if I can. I've learned a lot about ears over the past couple of months and it really is amazing the pounding that we give them. I know there was a poster on here who was a very knowledgeable audiologist, but I can't remember his name. He may know more.

Hey Sprint

I researched the hell out of this (ENTs weren't helpful) and I found something called Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome. I'll let you go ahead and research it on your own, but this condition describes my situation almost exactly with respect to that "fullness" feeling. The fullness feeling can be the result of many things, but usually for people with some sort of hearing issue it is due to this. For me it's more of a tightness sensation and a "tugging" sensation on my ear drum.

Strangely enough, if I put plugs in or my IEMs it basically goes away. Sometimes when it flares up I get pain under my chin, near my eye and down my neck. Almost like a burning sensation. Other times it feels like there's water trapped in my ear, but doctors found no fluid or wax. You may just be experiencing Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, however that's not what I am experiencing. Does any of this match up with what you have?

Interestingly enough, I don't have tinnitus - at least nothing I can hear or notice. I'm trying to avoid it if I can. I've learned a lot about ears over the past couple of months and it really is amazing the pounding that we give them. I know there was a poster on here who was a very knowledgeable audiologist, but I can't remember his name. He may know more.
Did you have a chance to watch the vid? Over stimulation of the nerves can be one of the causes of hearing issues. Simply taking the GABA may or may not help but one must also control diet! So anything that will increase the production of Glutamates will need to be reduced or eliminated altogether... the somewhat unpleasant part of the deal :rolleyes:.

No update on cures or fixes, but I did figure out a way to help other people understand when you have to ask them to repeat themselves because the ringing is so loud..

Find a tone generator. There are a lot online or some are built in to DAWs. Figure out the tones you're hearing. (Mine are now 9k and 12k). Make about a 30 second clip of the tones (if multiple, combine in a DAW or something like Audacity). Put that on your phone, dropbox, etc.
Next time you're trying to explain it to someone, play the clip. Be sure to hold your phone a decent distance from them. Don't put it up to their ear and blast it.

My tinnitus sits at the 12k mark and will vary in intensity. Sometimes it's just a background noise 40-50db other times it's a full blown ring in one ear that makes me wince it's so loud as if someone squeezed off a round next to me ear then it slowly fades away.

I have been trying to manage it through diet and testing with GABA. My left ear is the dominant problem though I do have it both ears. Eliminating soft drinks and foods that have a ton of crap like fructose corn syrup and sugars and words I can't pronounce in them coupled with taking GABA seems to curb it. It doesn't make t go away completely but it does reduce the amount of ringing.

If anyone is going to try taking GABA start out with small amounts as it has been reported to make you a little dizzy when taking a full over the counter doses of 750mg. I have been taking 100mg doses twice a day and havent had any sort of problems. I am thinking of upping the dosage to see if it makes any difference.

Hey Sprint

I don’t have this fullness sensation very often, but I have some persistent tinnitus. The fullness occasionally accompanies the occasional sub-audio frequency spasms in my left ear that sound somewhere between a whup, a flap, and a thump. The spasms can sometimes be stopped by doing a jaw stretch/wobble and/or a neck roll to get my upper few cervical vertebrae to realign differently. Neck has been clickety-poppity for decades, since a car accident in the early '90s. It has been a bit worse since getting dentures a few years ago and occasionally accompanied by mild to (occasionally) severe vertigo and some TMJ discomfort.

Covering my ears briefly, until the sound of blood flow becomes audible (it comes up gradually like background noise does when an audio compressor releases from the compressed state), can reduce the tinnitus ring for a while....

My tinnitus sits at the 12k mark and will vary in intensity. Sometimes it's just a background noise 40-50db other times it's a full blown ring in one ear that makes me wince it's so loud as if someone squeezed off a round next to me ear then it slowly fades away.

I have been trying to manage it through diet and testing with GABA. My left ear is the dominant problem though I do have it both ears. Eliminating soft drinks and foods that have a ton of crap like fructose corn syrup and sugars and words I can't pronounce in them coupled with taking GABA seems to curb it. It doesn't make t go away completely but it does reduce the amount of ringing.

If anyone is going to try taking GABA start out with small amounts as it has been reported to make you a little dizzy when taking a full over the counter doses of 750mg. I have been taking 100mg doses twice a day and havent had any sort of problems. I am thinking of upping the dosage to see if it makes any difference.

Played the video on my phone briefly and it squashed my tinnitus ring, which stayed quiet for almost 30 seconds after I stopped the playback....

I don`t hear it. When I first noticed it, I was pretty shocked. But thats normal, sad but true There are several Websites, where you can check your hearing age. My hearing age ( according to the websites ) is 50 ; I`m 59. These tests are not exactly, what you get when you go to a doctor, but pretty close !! Funny, there are several people here, that have problems with the left ear , me too....and my left eye is getting worse too.
Tinnitus problems are growing all over the world....

I don`t hear it. When I first noticed it, I was pretty shocked. But thats normal, sad but true There are several Websites, where you can check your hearing age. My hearing age ( according to the websites ) is 50 ; I`m 59. These tests are not exactly, what you get when you go to a doctor, but pretty close !! Funny, there are several people here, that have problems with the left ear , me too....and my left eye is getting worse too.
Tinnitus problems are growing all over the world....

As far as I know around 50, my age, it is normal not to hear it. I am watching TV now, a show in English, and I can understand everything at 49-51 dB, even not being my mother language, so that is enough for me, besides, we are cutting the guitar sounds well below that so WTF 😬

My T is 95% somatic, the days I have little neck pain I have almost none, the days it does hurt, can be a bitch. For those I have red wine.

I have terrible tinnitus in one ear, which (almost) makes me mono.

I was just a week or two back gifted a pair of in-ear headphones things which I thought were broken as the volume on one was pretty much non-existent to my right ear. When my wife tried them they worked perfectly for her.

The thing I hate the most about having ringing in my ear is bedtime. The noise can be deafening. Even if the bedroom is totally quiet.

I occasionally suffer from Meniere's disease which if you are familiar with it will know that it is an inner ear problem that can cause havoc in your life. A Doctor suggested that (after a lot of testing) I could have my inner ear medically destroyed which could cure the Meniere's. My question at the time was "Will it cure the tinnitus?" The answer was an "It might, it might not". So I did not go in for surgery as the risk of total hearing loss in my right ear was too much of a risk for me.

If you have a bad back, you can moan and groan about it and people will understand but when you have a constant (as it is now as I type) ringing noise in your ear non sufferers just don't understand.

I would not wish tinnitus on my worst enemy.

Yesterday I had a bad Fractal day. Presets that sounded good the other day sounded flat and lifeless yesterday. "Is it the guitar?", so I swopped out and tried different guitars, no. I was sitting watching TV last night thinking about today that I would just plug a guitar into an amp (the easiest one being a Yamaha THR model) and play around with it. Just to see if the sound improves. Last night I was also thinking that when I buy my next Fractal unit that I will also buy some new monitors (currently I have ADAM T5V's) so I am starting with a clean sheet to get the amazing tones and sounds other Fractal users get. I am now thinking that it could be my tinnitus that is causing me all my aggro with my sometimes "terrible" sounds.

Back
Top Bottom