• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Possible help with tinnitus?

Greg Ferguson

Axe-Master
A friend, who has major tinnitus after years of working in road crews for major acts, posted to Facebook yesterday that she got new hearing aids that come with an app that generates white noise and retrains her brain. She said for the first time in years she is free of the ringing.

She said the audiologist specializes in tinnitus and it was a happy coincidence she ran into him.

I’m going to try to find out more. It might be the app mentioned in that article. I seriously doubt that the app mentioned is sufficient to fix the problem by itself since the article mentioned headphones and talking with a clinician.

Last edited:

sprint

Axe-Master
A friend, who has major tinnitus after years of working in road crews for major acts, posted to Facebook yesterday that she got new hearing aids that come with an app that generates white noise and retrains her brain. She said for the first time in years she is free of the ringing.

She said the audiologist specializes in tinnitus and it was a happy coincidence she ran into him.

I’m going to try to find out more. It might be the app mentioned in that article. I seriously doubt that the app mentioned is sufficient to fix the problem by itself since the article mentioned headphones and talking with a clinician.
Appreciate the info - my T seems to be getting steadily worse - reluctantly, I'm gonna have to take the plunge on hearing aids soon. I'm really hoping there is something that allows some significant level of control myself, rather than going back and forth to an aidiologist trying to comminicate "l'll higher here", "l'll lower there"...

Greg Ferguson

Axe-Master
Appreciate the info - my T seems to be getting steadily worse - reluctantly, I'm gonna have to take the plunge on hearing aids soon. I'm really hoping there is something that allows some significant level of control myself, rather than going back and forth to an aidiologist trying to comminicate "l'll higher here", "l'll lower there"...
My significant other got a pair at Costco that she loves. They are very easily adjusted by the audiologist, the first time, then she has a number of controls she can adjust for her own comfort using the accessibility controls on her iPhone. The things she loves most is she can route phone calls to them, or her music or the audio of movies, and, in theaters, she can tap into a broadcast they have in-house and it routes the PA to her ears where she can adjust the volume to her liking. They're by Philips if I remember right.

Top Bottom