Bug? Possible bug since fw18.07 (scooped sound with Recto)

Alrighty, I checked all my Firmware 17-18.06 Presets by Importing into Fw 18.7 with Axe Edit, they were all fine !

I also checked Algones's Preset and cab, it's the same Issue here, not sure why, corrupted Preset file? After I pressed (Utility) Update Amps defaults it sounds normal to me. Here's my clip, 1 Imported Preset 2. Updated defaults ,for sure I would adjust the Preset again usually but thats the result with same settings. It's never because of the Cab Issue

This I call Night and Day with a warm punch on your chest!

About a week ago I re-amped a couple of tracks for my band with my main Recto 1 red modern preset that uses an Ownhammer IR.
Since there was a fix in the cab block with fw18.07 I thought I'd re-amp everything again to see if there was a difference.
With some sounds the difference was very small but when I started to re-amp tracks with my main rhythm patch I noticed that there was quite a dramatic difference between the tones even though it was the same patch.
The main difference was that the 'new' tone with FW18.07 had a kind of scooped sound, a big dip somewhere in the 400/500k area mainly, a kind of hollow sound.
This was strange so I did a system reset.... didn't help.
Selecting another amp didn't seem to help so I decided to rebuild the patch from scratch with approximately the same settings (some controls were maybe .01 to .10 off but very minor differences) and voila, the old sound with the old mids was back.

So I saved the new version over the old patch.
Then it became even stranger.
When I loaded the new tweaked patch it had the same issues as the older one before I re-did it, so also the scooped mids.
Once again rebuilding the patch helped.

I use axe edit for all these tones.
Axe Edit did a refresh after I loaded fw18.07.
My patch uses the Recto 1 red modern with no fancy tweakage going on.
The IR that I used is OH 412 ENG V30-MB-08 RMDR 03.

I'm not sure if this has to do with the cab block or amp.

I uploaded the patch here but it may be hard to recreate the issue because of all the different variables because not every preset had the same issues.
Just thought I'd drop a note here anyways.

Didn't you updated amp defaults(updatead Advanced parameters to new fw)? For sure when you tweaked there you loose the settings.

I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your question ..

I meant always when I import a old FW preset or after a Upgrade I do "Update amp defaults" on my Main presets,

Like you can hear in my clip above ,It perhaps helps. Always worked like a charm when go for this way.
But my presets are fine, so maybe there's something wrong with your preset file, i don't know..image.jpg

Are you using the Amp Block advanced settings a lot ? Maybe thats why the imported preset sound pretty different in the new Firmware because of changed internal values in the Amp, I just assume if it's no bug

I meant always when I import a old FW preset or after a Upgrade I do "Update amp defaults" on my Main presets,

Like you can hear in my clip above ,It perhaps helps. Always worked like a charm when go for this way.
But my presets are fine, so maybe there's something wrong with your preset file, i don't know..View attachment 25713

I'll try this the next time it happens thanks!
I use advanced cab block features yes but this shouldn't affect my presets in the way that has been described here unless it were a bug possibly.

I'll try this the next time it happens thanks!
I use advanced cab block features yes but this shouldn't affect my presets in the way that has been described here unless it were a bug possibly.
Alright, yeah you can try. Iam only Talking about amp block paras. only for sure.

Hi Ironwill, thanks to testing my preset but the second part is not good for me, when sound is good it's just like the "FAT" button is on.

I noticed all the settings and applied to another preset, it's the same issue, scooped.
For now, i can't turn it to the good tone, my sequence of events does not work.
I look for another thing.

Hi Ironwill, thanks to testing my preset but the second part is not good for me, when sound is good it's just like the "FAT" button is on.

I noticed all the settings and applied to another preset, it's the same issue, scooped.
For now, i can't turn it to the good tone, my sequence of events does not work.
I look for another thing.

I said I just updated amp Block,no adjusted,so to me it sound way far from a good tone as well.

I see there changed High cut to Presence in the Recto.

Not sure where's the problem

Back
Top Bottom