Possible acoustic sim with burstbucker paf pickups?

JrBean

I have an acoustic sim preset that works incredibly well with my prs custom 24 with 85/15 pickups. However, when I try to use my les paul with burstbucker pafs, even with guitar volume rolled down, there is no clarity. I’m assuming it’s just the nature of the pickups, but if someone has a preset that does a good job with burstbuckers, please share!

I have presets for Les Paul, but with Gibson '57/Super '57 pickups, not burstbuckers, unfortunately
Actually I bought your ac sim pack back in later 2021, which may be the bones of the preset I generally use. I may have to re-download the pack and try all the options again. Thanks for reaching out!

OK, there's plenty of pickup options in there, so some maybe very close to what you need !
Actually, downloading again for a fresh start with your presets helped considerably, and reading through that the Les Paul, 335, and prs options were crafted for the middle position also helped a ton! Thanks for commenting, as I had long since lost track of where I had obtained the ac sim!

Indeed, acoustic simulation almost always works better with the middle position of HH guitars, or the neck

I created a patch with no amp or cabinet - just the input block, reverb, delay, enhancer, and output block - that does a pretty decent acoustic tone with my Les Paul (burstbucker pro pups with the volume rolled off). It’s definitely not perfect, but it might get you closer to the sound you’re after. GL!

I created a patch with no amp or cabinet - just the input block, reverb, delay, enhancer, and output block - that does a pretty decent acoustic tone with my Les Paul (burstbucker pro pups with the volume rolled off). It’s definitely not perfect, but it might get you closer to the sound you’re after. GL!
Thanks! I’ve done that before as well, but the fremen presets are fantastic in the middle position, nothing rolled off. :). Literally sounds 95% true acoustic. I gig with a band, and don’t even bother to bring my acoustic.

Back
Top Bottom