Positive Grid - BIAS

While I think BIAS is a very cool app, this comparison is as pointless as comparing the number of inhabitants of one country to another and trying to tell which one is "better".

I laughed at that graphic... love the ease of use of APP modellers, but I've never met someone who expected them to compete with anything other than the red kidney bean or the first version of amplitube or something, lol.

Who wins? The one with the lowest latency for one thing. This whole comparison is very misleading for anyone who doesn't understand what is going on technically in these devices, and very comical for those that do.

Ha! Like comparing a Ferrari and a Lamborghini by discussing the colour of the interior, then size of the rear vision mirrors, the brand of radio player and what the gear stick knob is made of.

Obviously written by a marketing student who hasn't yet figured that 'features' <> 'performance'.

:)

I slammed PG on FB for this BS . So stupid of them. However the bias app is amazing.

Loving it on my ipad and now my iphone. Haven't been carting any gear around for my bass gigs, just my bass and my phone , totally awesome.

I've a/b tested against the axe a bunch. The axe still wins in depth and feel. Bias will make you rethink modelers after you try it and realize you spent <$20

The bias app destroys anything brand 6 ever did. Truthfully I think it sounds better than brand K too.

I slammed PG on FB for this BS . So stupid of them. However the bias app is amazing.

Loving it on my ipad and now my iphone. Haven't been carting any gear around for my bass gigs, just my bass and my phone , totally awesome.

I've a/b tested against the axe a bunch. The axe still wins in depth and feel. Bias will make you rethink modelers after you try it and realize you spent <$20

The bias app destroys anything brand 6 ever did. Truthfully I think it sounds better than brand K too.

Are you using high gain patches? How is clean to breakup distortion?

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

Wow, pretty funny. While I have Bias, S-Gear and an Axe II and I think they are each good for what they are and price. I do not think Bias sounds all that great. Better than other iOS apps, but S-Gear sounds substantially better to my ears and the Axe even better again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really dig Bias and I bought it. It's amazing for the price. Comparing it to dedicated hardware like the Axe is hilarious though.

I have it on my iPad and iPhone, its a great souding app, far from what the Axe FX is, but its way better then the POD HD!.

I was pretty impressed with the demo videos and the Tom Quayle review of the Positive Grid product. I'm tentatively planning to get it, in fact (when their HD interface comes out).

I haven't heard anything about the S-Gear offering - got any links?

I was pretty impressed with the demo videos and the Tom Quayle review of the Positive Grid product. I'm tentatively planning to get it, in fact (when their HD interface comes out).

I haven't heard anything about the S-Gear offering - got any links?

If you want to hear lots of S-Gear sound samples, best thing would be to check out their SoundCloud page:

https://soundcloud.com/scuffham-amps

S-Gear is my favourite desktop modeller that use as my 'go to' modeller for most recording sessions where I haven't got access to my Axe-FX.

Back
Top Bottom