Popping noise in scenes.

55bar

Inspired
Hi guys,

What are the most likely causes of "popping" noises when changing scenes?

I'm using 2 amps, and have some pretty quick changes from amp 1 clean (some delay and chorus) to Amp 2 (overdriven)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scent from my ismell

I'm not sure, I know people say there is a "delay" when you use X/Y, I've not tried it for this reason, surely the "seamless" switching with scenes is possible without pops, I'm thinking it's more likely me doing something wrong.

Scent from my ismell

I've noticed that having different x y status in any fx blocks (not just amps) on difference scenes can create a pop. Even if they are not active. I try to keep things simple in that respect. Less pops!

My set up is really simple, although I think I need to put my amps bypass to mute

Anyone?

Scent from my ismell

How are your amps routed? Having them in series w/ thru bypass can cause pop/noise issues. The recommended routing is parallel, mute bypass.

How are your amps routed? Having them in series w/ thru bypass can cause pop/noise issues. The recommended routing is parallel, mute bypass.

Thanks Bakerman,

They are in parallel but not sure if bypassed, once I get to work tomorrow I'll look into bypassing.

Scent from my ismell

This happens to me BUT only when i have a clean preset with reverb and delay on, then i switch to a rhythm high gain preset and i hear like a faded "boom". Spillover is turned off and all.. it's weird

Looking at older threads (FW10) it seems to have been an issue for a few people, fractal commented about the "bypass" state, some people it solved others not, I think the issue has something maybe to do with the level of your scenes too, mine are all audibly the same between scenes but as I'm going from higher gain scenes to clean ones I have had to use scene controllers to adjust input trim drive and output levels.

Scent from my ismell

Back
Top Bottom