Pop/Thump when changing from hi-gain to Brownface

I downloaded the patches and I do hear what you are talking about, but it is subtle and only happens when I'm really letting notes sustain. I can't believe that I'm hearing it to the degree that you are. It's there, but not nearly bad enough to justify increasing the ramp, using two units, etc. During a 'real world' program change (while I'm changing notes or chords) there is no thump whatsoever. My Triaxis can produce far more objectionable anomalies when I change modes.

It may depend to some extent on the monitors/cabinet used. I'm using JBL 6332s with a subwoofer and the thump isn't that bad, if it is there at all. Perhaps your system is somehow resonant at the thump fundamental.

None of my presets thump at all. I know that is of little consolation to you.

steadystate said:
I downloaded the patches and I do hear what you are talking about, but it is subtle and only happens when I'm really letting notes sustain. I can't believe that I'm hearing it to the degree that you are. It's there, but not nearly bad enough to justify increasing the ramp, using two units, etc. During a 'real world' program change (while I'm changing notes or chords) there is no thump whatsoever. My Triaxis can produce far more objectionable anomalies when I change modes.

It may depend to some extent on the monitors/cabinet used. I'm using JBL 6332s with a subwoofer and the thump isn't that bad, if it is there at all. Perhaps your system is somehow resonant at the thump fundamental.

None of my presets thump at all. I know that is of little consolation to you.

I can live with it if I have to, but I'd rather not.

It wasn't there in firmware versions 9.00 and earlier.
Shouldn't be too hard to make it go away again.

I had a similar problem today going from either my Bassman or Twin preset to an acoustic preset. I was in the middle of a rehearsal in the middle of a song so I didn't have time to take notes right then. I'll go back and try to recreate it. I wasn't playing at all at the time. It was a substantial thump. I'm hoping to track it down soon. That would have caused a big issue at a show. A bit worrying... :?

just spent a couple of hours testing each and every "clean" sims.

Zero noise, thump, pop, clip light, etc. when changing quickly from Uber patch to a clean patch

Supertweed

No clip light or thump, but a slight audible pop

Double verb, FAS clean, SV Bass

So, until this issue is resolved, I'll be using supertweed for all my clean sounds. Hope that helps someone.

--Sam

Follow-Up

FWIW

The only way I've been able to minimize the "thump" when changing from a hi-gain Preset to a clean Preset while holding a note (or chord), is by making sure that my Volume Block (controlled via CC as an External Controller) is post-Amp Block in both Presets.
This minimizes the problem but does not eliminate it.

Previously, I had been working with the Volume Block in front of the Amp Block in my clean Presets while it was after the Amp Block in the hi-gain Presets. If not for this annoying thump I'd rather continue working this way.

I still see this as a bug and I hope it can be fixed in future firmware updates.

Back
Top Bottom