Pop/Thump Switching Drive Channels - I'm probably doing it wrong

nojyeloot

Experienced
Preface:
Probably something I'm not doing correctly or could be doing better. I've attached the preset (unlinked globals). I've also checked cables (rules #1 & #2 ✔ )

Problem:
Drive makes a loud pop/thump when switching engaged drive from channel D (Comp Dist HP) to channel A (FET Boost). On this preset I basically only use drive channels A & D.

Test:
Jump to scene 3 where I have my drive engaged (channel A). If you switch from channels A or B to channel C or D there's a little thump. But going from channel D to A (or B) is really loud.

Info:
I know that to make transitions smooth, it's best to have the same drive in different channels and just tweak the parameters. My assumption though is that this still shouldn't make this loud of a sound, so I've probably set something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• O HOLY NIGHT [F].syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Hmmmm....I hear what you are also. Still looking to see if I can find out why it is thumping on my end.

Levels on C,D are lower than A,B. When I lower levels on A,B the thump is less obvious (duh, I know) so maybe that's a starting point? Also, when I adjusted the master vol on the amp A,B, it did help and the noise went away.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I also have some presets that thump switching scenes (with all FWs that IIRC). I'll try to track one down and see what might be going on.

Not hearing anything peculiar here with that preset and switching Drive between A and D.
Maybe it's an impedance thingy. Try switching Auto Impedance in the Input block to 1M.

Not hearing anything peculiar here with that preset and switching Drive between A and D.
Maybe it's an impedance thingy. Try switching Auto Impedance in the Input block to 1M.
Thanks for the advice, but that doesn't make a difference. Same symptoms.

Kinda... but it doesn't solve the root issue unfortunately. Thanks for chiming in tho.

I looked for my preset that was doing but haven't found it yet - only have limited off/on time on the unit. Will keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom