Poor Spock.

Kirk reunites with his nemesis!

262968021_2998747213770742_5612008502567167531_n.jpg

V'ger had more personality.

I started watching Discovery in season 1, then lost interest. May give it another try. I like Picard though.
It gets worse and even more stupid with every season. Still, the Diverse Ethnic Space Jesus show can be easily ignored like the Jar Jar Abrams movies as their own 25% different separate universe. What Star TP did to The Next Generation is inexcusable though. Totally killed my love for that show. My Star Trek DVD collection now only has TOS, the TOS movies and DS9. Anything with Patrick Stewart in it has become unwatchable. Star TP has forever settled the debate which Starfleet captain was the better one, Kirk or Picard and made Shatner a God. Be it one who still needs a starship to get in space. ;) God I hope Avery Brooks never gets hired by Alex Kurtzman.

What leftist ideals are we talking about here? I don't recall anything about the relationship between capital and labour, the idea of social support for the less wealthy, anything like that. As for diversity, that's always been in Star Trek since the very beginning. The original was incredibly diverse for its day. Is your problem that the lead is a black woman?

Star Trek had diversity. The real kind, where people and aliens of all varieties would work together. Where it was no issue at all. Not the kind where all women are smart and in positions of power and all men are stupid and in low positions and what you have between your legs and where you want to stick it, or not, is your sole defining trait in life. And no, just like with Rey in Star Wars, our problem is not that the lead is a black woman, nice strawman by the way, but A: she can't act if her life depends on it and B: her character is an utter shite Mary Sue. And just because you are a black woman you shouldn't be excused for putting in a terrible performance. That is the racism of low expectations.

But the worst thing that Kurtzman Trek has done is not the shite writing, the pisspoor acting, the inherit racism of low expectations, no, the worst thing they did was to take a franchise that was about hope and optimism for a better future, and turn it into a dystopian nightmare future where you have absolutely nothing to look forward too. Star Trek used to be so positive that people dressed up in daily life in Starfleet uniforms, wanting to be part of that future. Not with ANYTHING from Kurtzman Trek. Who has said it himself that to him the IP is a platform to spread 'THE MESSAGE'.

I'm a die hard Star Trek fan and just cannot watch Discovery anymore. I actually liked the first season but as the show progressed it started to feel like a Sesame Street production with leftist ideals being shoved down my throat. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for diversity etc but just let Star Trek be Star Trek.
Wow! Leftist ideals?

But imho Star Trek started with original and ended with Next Generation, although Voyager was OK - 7 0f 9.

Last edited:
And no, just like with Rey in Star Wars, our problem is not that the lead is a black woman, nice strawman by the way, but A: she can't act if her life depends on it and B: her character is an utter shite Mary Sue. And just because you are a black woman you shouldn't be excused for putting in a terrible performance.

That's a relief. I remember you not liking the black woman playing Kynes in Dune, and was wondering if there's a pattern. It's good to know the woman doesn't have to be black to earn your disapproval.

You don't like the lead's acting, but you like the original series with the famously bad actor Shatner as lead? You must be kidding. Incidentally, of her performance, Rotten Tomatoes had this to say: "Star Trek: Discovery delivers a solid franchise installment for the next generation—boldly led by the charismatic Sonequa Martin-Green."

You think she's a Mary Sue but don't have a problem with the way Kirk always succeeds? Your standards are not being evenly applied.

Star Trek had diversity. The real kind, where people and aliens of all varieties would work together. Where it was no issue at all. Not the kind where all women are smart and in positions of power and all men are stupid and in low positions and what you have between your legs and where you want to stick it, or not, is your sole defining trait in life. And no, just like with Rey in Star Wars, our problem is not that the lead is a black woman, nice strawman by the way, but A: she can't act if her life depends on it and B: her character is an utter shite Mary Sue. And just because you are a black woman you shouldn't be excused for putting in a terrible performance. That is the racism of low expectations.

But the worst thing that Kurtzman Trek has done is not the shite writing, the pisspoor acting, the inherit racism of low expectations, no, the worst thing they did was to take a franchise that was about hope and optimism for a better future, and turn it into a dystopian nightmare future where you have absolutely nothing to look forward too. Star Trek used to be so positive that people dressed up in daily life in Starfleet uniforms, wanting to be part of that future. Not with ANYTHING from Kurtzman Trek. Who has said it himself that to him the IP is a platform to spread 'THE MESSAGE'.

And there we have our daily dose of negativity from Muad'zin, coming right to you from the bubble.

Wow! Leftist ideals?
I grew up with Star Trek, and I was a big fan as a little kid. From the beginning, it depicted an utterly unworkable progressive utopia that depended on the availability of unlimited resources. I don't know what they're doing now....I stopped being interested at some point...but I can't imagine them taking so much as half a baby step to the left. There's no room remaining on the spectrum for that.

That's a relief. I remember you not liking the black woman playing Kynes in Dune, and was wondering if there's a pattern. It's good to know the woman doesn't have to be black to earn your disapproval.

You don't like the lead's acting, but you like the original series with the famously bad actor Shatner as lead? You must be kidding. Incidentally, of her performance, Rotten Tomatoes had this to say: "Star Trek: Discovery delivers a solid franchise installment for the next generation—boldly led by the charismatic Sonequa Martin-Green."

You think she's a Mary Sue but don't have a problem with the way Kirk always succeeds? Your standards are not being evenly applied.
Kirk and Spock and the gang were great. Shatner is a Shakespearean actor btw.
Anyhow, I didn't mind Discovery until it went to PPV. The young lady in the lead is very good imho. Loved her in the TWD....Yes I am an old child!

Said the pot to the frying pan. Leftist First Comandment, Only we are allowed Free Speech.
And here is the problem with America. This leftist\Right BS...............Like the right doesn't INSIST there way or the HWY-including bloodshed and violence. ............Yeah, I said that and I am a combat vet and SO tired of this crap. Don't need anymore violence. Enough of this BS. Talk music or TV, not politics!

Last edited:
This should close this BS thread.

No kidding. Why can't people post that crap on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook/Meta where it is par for the course?

And here is the problem with America. This leftist\Right BS...............Like the right doesn't INSIST there way or the HWY-including bloodshed and violence. ............Yeah, I said that and I am a combat vet and SO tired of this crap. Don't need anymore violence. Enough of this BS. Talk music or TV, not politics!

As a fellow Vet I thank you for your service and applaud this post whole-heartedly.

No kidding. Why can't people post that crap on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook/Meta where it is par for the course?

As a fellow Vet I thank you for your service and applaud this post whole-heartedly.
IAH, I hate talking about this crap as much as anyone. I admit I do get , well, frustrated is the best word I can think of.
See, imho, their should NOT be "sides" when talking about the good ole USA. Oh well. I'll be quiet now too.
I consider all on this forum great musical forum friends..........

Back
Top Bottom